Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Forums Redesign

Hi everyone,

We'll be upgrading our forums software shortly, and will be taking advantage of the opportunity to redesign the Vertical forums. We're planning on streamlining some categories, adding others, and adding new functions and content. But, we'd also like to hear from you: what would you like to see in the new forums? What would you not like to see?

Feel free to post your suggestions here, or, if you'd prefer, send me a PM or email me at elan@verticalmag.com. If all goes well, we're hoping to make this happen in the next month or so.

Thanks!

Elan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well without sounding like a curmudgen! <_< Wasn't the a recent re doing of the forum. I like it the way it is and if it aint broke dont fix it.Quite comfy the way it is but if you insist I will learn to adapt to a new format :wacko:

P5

As mentioned previously, being able to edit your posts would be nice. (I know it exists now, but it appears to be time limited)

Approve/disapprove of posts and "reputation"

embedding youtube/vimeo videos etc....

This is more of an observation, but this forum "General Helicopter Operations" seems to be the "Lounge" of the forum. NOt saying that it's good or bad. But general stuff seems to end up here too. (Like popsicle debates)

I'm on the fence about having lots of different forum sections. I personally (on any of the forums I'm a member of), don't check more than two or 3 per site. So if there are too many specific sections, I likley won't look at all of them. And it seems true here too. The specific say "Offshore operations" forum doesn't get a lot of traffic. So I'm not sure what the solution is, or if it's even a "problem" that needs fixing.

I'm sure I'll think of more.....

Since you asked, a general forum for non anonymous users who can talk more openley and intelligently about heli ops without the B.S., and know who your talking too. this would keep more serious topics more REAL. Dont get me wrong, this forum is great entertainment, but sometimes people need answers to questions that might have more than one answer, comment or opinion, and when you sign your name to that, popcicles might not enter into the answer, or maybe it would, but at least I would know who I was talking to.

Angelo

Guest jacdor
Since you asked, a general forum for non anonymous users who can talk more openley and intelligently about heli ops without the B.S., and know who your talking too. this would keep more serious topics more REAL. Dont get me wrong, this forum is great entertainment, but sometimes people need answers to questions that might have more than one answer, comment or opinion, and when you sign your name to that, popcicles might not enter into the answer, or maybe it would, but at least I would know who I was talking to.

Angelo

I am behind that as well.

JD

I think "photos from the field" should be just that. It's great that guys commend other guys on their photos, but at times it turns into a regular rant. I think that in order to post in the photos section there should have to be a photo associated with the post. In other words no posts that are purely text. If someone feels the need to commend or comment on a photo, you can always send em a pm.

I'm really not digging the new 'truncating of replies' implementation. Now it seems that you have to click on each individual reply as opposed to being able to view a page of replies as it was previously. :down:

I think this is a step backwards. It makes the site less intuitive and takes more clicks to view post replies... and that is a pain in the a**.

Of course, if there is a setting somewhere to change it back to the old way, I'd appreciate learning how to change it.

I'm really not digging the new 'truncating of replies' implementation. Now it seems that you have to click on each individual reply as opposed to being able to view a page of replies as it was previously. :down:

I think this is a step backwards. It makes the site less intuitive and takes more clicks to view post replies... and that is a pain in the a**.

Of course, if there is a setting somewhere to change it back to the old way, I'd appreciate learning how to change it.

Top right corner. Options > Dsiplay mode > Standard