Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Forums Redesign

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: protocol for announcements of incidents/accidents and injuries/deaths:

Nothing should be posted publicly yet if the knowledge is first hand through industry/organization/personal involvement.

Firstly, a generic announcement should only be posted once an official announcement is made by a law enforcement or official government agency (TC, etc...).

Secondly, personal information of injuries or death should only be provided after next-of-kin (NOK) notification is conducted and a statement is provided by family and the company involved.

This process often occurs quickly enough that there is not sense in trying to rush to be the first to report a crash if not all the appropriate folks have been advised yet. Receiving devastating news second hand is never a nice way to hear something.

Regards

AV8

Since you asked, a general forum for non anonymous users who can talk more openley and intelligently about heli ops without the B.S., and know who your talking too. this would keep more serious topics more REAL. Dont get me wrong, this forum is great entertainment, but sometimes people need answers to questions that might have more than one answer, comment or opinion, and when you sign your name to that, popcicles might not enter into the answer, or maybe it would, but at least I would know who I was talking to.

Angelo

I agree.

Also an "ignore" feature so when I log on the posts of the users I have chosen to ignore do not appear. The number of people ignoring a individual user should show beside that users' name. There should be some form of post limiting as well, say 10 per month.

It's good you're trying to improve this forum, I know many pilots out there have stopped coming here because of the constant diarrhea.

Good luck!

The number of people ignoring a individual user should show beside that users' name. There should be some form of post limiting as well, say 10 per month.

It's good you're trying to improve this forum, I know many pilots out there have stopped coming here because of the constant diarrhea.

You can't be serious, but considering it has taken you almost two years for 4 posts maybe you are :o