Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pretty Cool Gov't Video-vertol Logging!

duf

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, the format they use doesn't allow you to download the clip and play it afterwards. This looks like a busy site. It took me three or four tries before I got the whole thing streaming audio and video at the same time. The other times I kept get................ting b...........uf.................feri..............ng...............del.

........ays. <_<

Guest CHEVY II

"Constructive" ----Build large bonfire, drink Granmarnier, add computer to fire, be satisfied the frigggin thing has gone to its own"Valhalla".

Nurse hangover next day, go to Future Shop buy new computer for less money than your wasted time and watch the young lady sling wood, wow.

sc

Everyones a wise guy/gal :blink:

Followed directions to a tee...still didn't work :wacko:

Now I'm out a perfectly good laptop, got a friggin hangover and still didn't get to see the young lady do her thing. <_<

Have latest and greatest media player, even downloaded another just to prove the point, my Hi-speed cooks...so that's not it. Oh well, it's just another helicopter anyway! B)

New Computer

Highspeed wireless

Latest downloads

audio no video

Its been a while since I have logged but I don't recall ever logging for Larch,

the weights of the wood take some time for riggers to get a feel for and when you go to a different block or a different part of a block you have to learn the weights all over again.

to clairify, there is the odd larch in just about every stand of trees in canada. and by accident they can get "in the mix". you will know it when you try to lift it, if it is bucked to the fir, spruce, cedar, pine specs., cause it will take everything you got to, lift it. and there are interior mills that take the stuff...don't ask me what they do with it!