Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ouch.......busted!

1 hour ago, Grounded said:

I don’t know where or what beach but a beach close to a town doesn’t constitute a built up area.  Maybe if it’s a park or some other reason for being prohibited.  I’ve landed on hundreds of beaches.

I also have landed on many beaches close to towns...no complaints....now I did land next to the A&W in Dryden one time...we had been sitting over at DNR waiting to get hired and it was coming up on lunch...we had no car so...I got a few of our guys together and said get the he!! in the longdog ....we are going for something to eat...not a complaint!!!!

1 hour ago, Heizenberg said:

That particular beach is within the Pacific Rim National Park

It is not only within a National Park, he flew right over swimmers, surfers and people walking the beach and not more than 20 feet. There were reports of him shooting up the area on top of it all. If you do that it’s not going to end well. It was a little more than landing across the highway to get a Big Mac.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, hybrid said:

It is not only within a National Park, he flew right over swimmers, surfers and people walking the beach and not more than 20 feet. There were reports of him shooting up the area on top of it all. If you do that it’s not going to end well. It was a little more than landing across the highway to get a Big Mac.

So many PC infected snowflakes these days but yes an #### move if what you are saying is true. 

Aside from the Pacific Rim National Park thing (I got caught there once before too, that's another story), anyone ever land Downtown Calgary before.  I have probably done so 50 times or more.  On a warm evening, there can be 100 joggers, pedestrians, cyclists that hang around there watching me take off directly overhead as they stare.  It doesn't matter if you depart east or west.  I always laugh and tell my passengers as I spool up to wait and watch.   The hats fly away and the skirts lift.   

• Like 1

the only way to end problem pilot behavior is big fines and heavy enforcement.

right now it seems they are handing out bigger fines to little johnny and his birthday gift drone, then they are giving to pilots for flying over people. I'm sure you drop more on lunch with the boys, then you would get fined for something like this.

what happened when you got "caught" in PRNP last time?

im not a Karen, nor am I a snowflake, but i personally think the skirt thing is a bigger dick move than flying over some Truedope surfers.

let us know what happens.