Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What companies do 2/2 rotation?

1 hour ago, sirlandsalot said:

Anybody want to chime in any companies that do 2/2 rotations?   There seem to be more and more.  

Blackcomb

Ascent

Alpine

some logging outfits, VIH, Blacktusk, HQ ??

It’s all up to the individual and what they negotiate.  I’ve never seen any set schedule at any operator in Canada.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Well, now you know!  The above companies do 2/2, of course a day here or there might change due to unforeseen circumstances, but generally it’s 2/2

As far as “it’s all up to the individual”   If your the one guy that wants 2/2, then that  might not work well with other shifts,  hence companies that try to run the whole roster 2/2, it’s easy. 

3 minutes ago, sirlandsalot said:

Well, now you know!  The above companies do 2/2, of course a day here or there might change due to unforeseen circumstances, but generally it’s 2/2

That’s exactly what I mean.  Nothing in stone for a schedule.  Would be interesting what these workers are signing during on-boarding as far as what schedules are.  

• Like 1

Well set in stone is not possible, if its zero zero on crew change days, it is what it is.  Alpine and Ascent have been doing 2/2 for years now, and Blackcomb has been doing for a couple years now.  It is possible, and it is done. 

I was asking if people know any other companies that follow suit.  I am not looking to get into a Vertical Forum toxic debate.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1