Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What companies do 2/2 rotation?

42 minutes ago, CM119 said:

Sometimes, not every time.  And that should be a caveat in the employment contract/employee handbook that said employees agree to.  It is possible, but not at every operator.  Even the inclement weather can be accounted for in a properly run organization.  Either way it is possible, next topic thanks

And thats why you fly south of the border.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, just looking said:

And thats why you fly south of the border.

….. you do realize that personnel management, organization, and not leaning on employees malleability to schedules’ managerial malfeasance  is possible regardless of geographic location.  You have a better schedule at the South Pole compared to Canada apparently ffs.  It is possible, doesn’t matter what operator/country of origin the operator is from.  It always comes down to money.  You can maintain a set schedule regardless of region.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, CM119 said:

….. you do realize that personnel management, organization, and not leaning on employees malleability to schedules’ managerial malfeasance  is possible regardless of geographic location.  You have a better schedule at the South Pole ffs.  It is possible.

I have never been to the south pole. I do however know a lot of people that have and every one of them had no choice but sign for the full tour minimum 3 months. I am not sure how much flying you have done in the Arctic. I can tell you from experience there are no guarantees. I have been there done that. The forecast can show clear blue skies all week. The fog rolls in and you can sit for days. The only Guarantee in life in my opinion are death and taxes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, just looking said:

I have never been to the south pole. I do however know a lot of people that have and every one of them had no choice but sign for the full tour minimum 3 months. I am not sure how much flying you have done in the Arctic. I can tell you from experience there are no guarantees. I have been there done that. The forecast can show clear blue skies all week. The fog rolls in and you can sit for days. The only Guarantee in life in my opinion are death and taxes.

…. ”Opinion”. Have a nice weekend (if you have one) 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, UggaDugga said:

How did this devolve from companys that publish 2&2 schedules to the weather in Antarctica? 😂

Well I suppose because 2&2 is a schedule, and according to some, it’s impossible to respect an employees schedule in Canada due to constant “Force majeure“.  Ergo, there is no schedule,  the employee will just have to not be able to make any plans ever in life except to work 😂 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

On 2/9/2024 at 2:01 PM, simpleton said:

Ok, you're on a 3 on/off shift in the Artic, and it's been weathered out for 4 days in camp when your crew change is supposed to happen, and the twin otter can't get in to land at camp....explain for me the magic spell you cast that guarantees that crew change will take place on time?

Last time I looked, teleportation isn't real.

Or do you mean that you should be looking at the weather, and crew changing out early? Because I don't think the client is going to change their whole schedule around yours when sharing crew change charter flights. Is the cross-shift supposed to give up some of his days off early in that scenario, or is it only your own shift that shouldn't be interrupted?

#### happens sometimes.

That is predictable geographical circumstance which can easily be managed and prepared for with more crew and resources on site.
There should be a clause in the vendor contract where in the remote chance these situations were to occur, a heavy stipend, guaranteed bonus’/raises should apply to all crew/employees involved as well as extended leave (days off) to mitigate any and all damages accrued to said personnel and then some. I agree “####  happens sometimes”, but a simple meteorological event that hinders and inconveniences everyone on site involved due to the aforementioned is nothing short of gross negligence of the highest order.  I would not work for ANY employer that sets crew up for failure and expect them to pick up the pieces uncompensated like that!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4