Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Sales

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downwash and I knew a guy by the name of Pierre Looten, who recently passed away. He could fill your screen up with 'wonderful' stories on the S-62. Okanagan had one parked in Montreal, on Ryan Ave. for years and all he would do was taxi it over to be fueled up. There wasn't a chance on 'God's green earth' that those wheels would have left the terre firma. It was done again when they started putting Garrets into the S-55. They'd go back to idle without notice also. I understand that they solved the problem at some point in time, but not before Alpine had some scary moments. Pierre Looten said that the only thing that he could be certain of with the S-62 was that the engine would idle back as he was reaching for his coffee. Funny, to this day, whenever I reach for my coffee mug while in flight, I remember that comment of Pierre's. 9.gif

Dooley Ross ---- God Downwash, are you trying to make me feel older than I feel already? ----- 'shades' of Tom Murray. 9.gif

Yeah, Cap, and I remember when it tooled around Inuvik and Tuk back in the 70''s. I can picture the guy that drove it, but his name eludes me (and it wasn''t Pierre, there). That was around the time Tommy Gurr was checking me out on the 204 at ''Bar C.'' Yessir, those WERE the days!

Guest graunch1

Ah yes - Bar-C went in there with Esso''s Twotter a few times and almost went once on the hooovercrash but luckily didn''t go. The Zoo, Mad Trapper and the Inn indeed great days in the Great White North

Think I''ll start a new link on camps

Probably gonna earn myself a slap here but here we go anyways:

The Mil Mi-2 is a twin TURBINE, not a twin piston, just thought you''d like to know that. It''s got two small turbines, and if I''m not totally of the chart, I do believe thay are trying for an STC to put RR250 ''s on it. Well Sorry, but I had to!

Not so fast Downwash there is a Polish helicopter with Coax rotors and two radial engines, I saw one in Burlington Vermont about 6 years ago it was in the hanger missing a ton of parts but it was the strangest helicopter I have ever seen.

Good man, Elvis, although general availability in North America is my usual criterion.

It seems the original Kamov KA-26 was indeed, built with a pair of radials, followed later by turboshafts.

Although ''Heli History'' was sparse on this bird, a quick ''Google'' search brought up much, including:

http://avia.russian.ee/vertigo/ka-26-r.html