Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fire Season 2006

hurler

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

would you guys hurry up and put out the fires.... the smoke out here in sask. vis has been about 12-15 miles I took some friends out and they were disappointed that you couldn't see for miles and miles till the horizon. if it gets any worse one might need a map to fly 20+ miles away from home :wacko: not that I want no fires, just keep some of the forest there untill I can get my helicopter license and then get into putting out the fires with you :punk:

post-1185-1157946683_thumb.jpg

would you guys hurry up and put out the fires.... the smoke out here in sask. vis has been about 12-15 miles I took some friends out and they were disappointed that you couldn't see for miles and miles till the horizon. if it gets any worse one might need a map to fly 20+ miles away from home :wacko: not that I want no fires, just keep some of the forest there untill I can get my helicopter license and then get into putting out the fires with you :punk:

I guess you'll have to hurry up then Jay.......We are not gonna kill the goose that lays the golden egg just because you are slow off the marks......lol

There will be plenty of trees to burn next year, and the next.... meanwhile, we will keep doing our bit, and Forestry can keep doing it's part....paying us to live in motel rooms and eating for free....imagine, they actually pay us for this!

Guest bag swinnger

Well there is white stuff on the ground here in northern Bc today and its -1 with the chill at this moment.....and yet this morning an Initial attack crew came in the hangar and headed out for yet another fire..... A few hours later forestry calls to extend the contract even with the forcast for more snow for the rest of the week. Go figure :huh:

Arctic Front, Hey bud glad to here your still giviner, Heard from your driver talked to him as I was going through regina on my way home. Had a great stint in the south east fire center B.C, Lots of bucketing and Nelson, Dare I say more. I'am at home now but things may still be fireing when my days off are up. Lets hope so Take good care of yourself, hope to seeya before spring. Sorry now back to topic.

Cheers MH :punk:

P.S Seen anybody pegged with a Timbit lately