Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Lands On Highway

A friend phoned me this morning wondering if I was the pilot who landed on Hwy 1 near Abbotsford. I replied 'no' but certainly wondered what the deal was.

Here is some info:

Helicopter Lands on Highway

A/C icing was mentioned (no kidding). It was snowing very heavily here earlier and it is again now.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad they both made it out okay. :up:

Hopefully the unmentioned injuries aren't too bad.

I heard it was a 47. Knocked the tail off on a meridian but managed to stay upright, both walked away fine. This is just what I heard not sure if its true or not.

Yes 412 do tell us??

There was a PIREP out of Nanaimo today where Ice was mentioned-this morining. In addition there is also a website paid for by the TAX payers where the WEATHER is avialable. Vancouver, Victoria, and most of the lower mainland had a little RED/YELLOW dot on the map, that for those who don't know what the means= IFR/MARGINAL VFR I suppose one could elect to go INSTRUCTING in 1/2 mile Restriction. From my understanding the Met was CRAP all day at the very best marginal VFR :wacko:

BLOWING SNOW!!! + INJESTION INTO ENGINE+ CAKED ALL OVER BUBBLE BAD VIS. = FLYING BAD IDEA! OH let5s not forget ICING. :down: :down:

Gents DON"T PUSH THE WEATHER!!

The Machine did roll over as far as I know.

I was listining to the radio all day and I heard it was a bell and had rolled on to its side with and instructor and student recieving minor injuries. If it rolled onto its side, wouldn't there be damage to the dynamic components? A caller phoned in saying he actually saw it land while he was driving. said it JUST cleared an overpass.

Yes 412 do tell us??

There was a PIREP out of Nanaimo today where Ice was mentioned-this morining. In addition there is also a website paid for by the TAX payers where the WEATHER is avialable. Vancouver, Victoria, and most of the lower mainland had a little RED/YELLOW dot on the map, that for those who don't know what the means= IFR/MARGINAL VFR I suppose one could elect to go INSTRUCTING in 1/2 mile Restriction. From my understanding the Met was CRAP all day at the very best marginal VFR :wacko:

BLOWING SNOW!!! + INJESTION INTO ENGINE+ CAKED ALL OVER BUBBLE BAD VIS. = FLYING BAD IDEA! OH let5s not forget ICING. :down: :down:

Gents DON"T PUSH THE WEATHER!!

The Machine did roll over as far as I know.

Well, it looks as though another "perfect" individual, that would "never" make a mistake, is eager to point a finger. I guess , that because we were logging today, with all those "CRAP" weather reports , must make us horribly irresponsible........funny, how what is reported as bad weather in some areas, does not affect all geographical areas the same. Yep, that "CRAP" weather check we did this morning on the coast, for some reason ended up with total sunshine all day......good to see the meteorologists are bang on.

Wasn't much of a WEATHER PUSH (gents)....... :rolleyes:

Funny, the news clip on Global showed an "upright" 47 sitting on the median.......must be a mistake though, as some "expert" here say's otherwise :lol: