Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pat On The Back To Gemini Heli

putz

Just had a look at Gemini heli's ad for a R44 driver. If anyone is wondering how the industry can solve the pilot shortage problem have a look at the progressive approach these guys are trying. Looks like the best chance SIX hopeful's will ever get. And what is he asking for in return? for the lucky ones to be loyal to the company that gAve them a start. I don't know anything about Gemini but they get huge golden star in my books. :up:

PS 100HR PILOTS APPLYING FOR THIS CHANCE " LISTEN TO THE CHIEF PILOT AND GO DO A COUPLE OF HOURS BEFORE TAKING YOUR CHECKRIDE WITH GEMINI "

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say - even if what SLD says is remotely true, which i highly doubt, at least in those terms - good for those 6, good for gemini, and good for the industry.

the industry needs some forward thinking like this. new guys need the break. gemini is taking a bit of a risk but hopefully they will be repayed with good service and loyalty from some people who will always be grateful.

hopefully more companies will be able to see opportunities to do something similar.

Chopperman.....don't let some childish (small minded), disgruntled wannabe get under your skin. I am glad to see a company post publicly, that many positions to low timers just getting started in the industry.....kudos to you guy's ........ :up:

George Santayana (1863-1952) famously wrote that 'those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Go to Employment section, (page 2) Guardian Helicopters, read post numbers 2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,35,36,42,50

Personally, I hope Guardian is trying to set a good precedent in the industry. Companies do change. Only feedback from the six potential Pilots will tell the tale.

To the low time pilots applying for these positions I will tell you this little story.

Twelve or thirteen years ago (could be even more maybe) I ended up in the NW corner of Alberta with my 206. There were fires everywhere and it was one of those go right away things and what you need will catch up to you when you get there. Yea right. So I end up beside this hanger with nothing more than clothes a bucket and fueling gear.

The guy that you are possibly going to work for put out the welcome mat for me and we had never met before. His hanger was at my disposal which included a rest area, garden hose, consumables etc. Most importantly was a pilot who was happy enough to share his local knowledge about AFS procedures, radio freq's, remote fuel locations and so on, even though I was there in his back yard mowing his grass so to speak!

I was only there a few days then dispatched else ware. The hospitality was greatly appreciated, and I had to leave a note to say thanks as my departure was during one of his busy flying days.

Sometimes people change, most people that are sincere keep that trait for a lifetime.

It was the one and only time I have every ran into this individual, but I have never forgot the name.

I think those low time individuals will have nothing to worry about.

as far as the naysayers go, just remember there are 3 sides to every story, yours, their's and the truth!

...pay it forward...

George Santayana (1863-1952) famously wrote that 'those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Go to Employment section, (page 2) Guardian Helicopters, read post numbers 2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,35,36,42,50

Personally, I hope Guardian is trying to set a good precedent in the industry. Companies do change. Only feedback from the six potential Pilots will tell the tale.

OH BOY, did I ever screw up BIG TIME!!! The above post does Not apply to Gemini.

I'm VERY SORRY Chopperman. Major brain fart :(:(:(:(:(