Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Discovery Channel Fairytale

Guest BeeBee

Guest BeeBee

What was that on Discovery last night on the Green Machine? Comparing the EC120 (less than 200hrs TT vs that poor ol' 206 (with 12000+ hours). It really boiled down to the pilot anyway, a relatively low time private pilot (the owner of the EC120, unless you missed it) and a training/test pilot from Eurocopter. What was the point? Sponsored by......hmmm...let me guess....

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Helilog: You are right on, it was entertaining, not a serious contest. :rolleyes:

I was lucky enough to pilot the Bell 206. C-GGAZ.

We had a lot of fun filming the episode, and that was my goal.

Glad you enjoyed the episode.

Cheers

Bomann

Ya but it was entertaining, I caught the call sign on the EC120 C-GWTX but not the 206, it said Police on the tailboom, looked like an old Military Kiowa with a bad paint job. It was better than watching another rerun of CSI.

Helilog

I suspect that it actually said "PATROL" on the tailboom. It was an ex Trans Canada Pipelines ship.

I was embarrassed to be a helicopter pilot after watching this!

Maybe next time you could come out West, we don't use pylons for confined area work, and lets see what that EC120 CAN"T do at attitude!

i'm assuming you mean "altitude" T-rex....and it'd probably still kick the old clapped out peice of crap 206's a$$. :punk:

I missed half of it....but was still entertained enough to watch. And that was really the point. Had the show been made to entertain only pilots and engineers, then it'd only be entertaining if beer was involved.

Helilog: You are right on, it was entertaining, not a serious contest. :rolleyes:

I was lucky enough to pilot the Bell 206. C-GGAZ.

We had a lot of fun filming the episode, and that was my goal.

Glad you enjoyed the episode.

Cheers

Bomann

Just out of curiosity, since I didn't see the program, what was the point? It appears that some one was trying to compare a 1977 206B to a 2007 EC120?? Was this for someones edification?? Or to prove that EC almost caught up...sort of..... That should bring out the comments!! Cheers all