Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Truth About Brian Jenner's Dismissal

a few years back they charged two Brampton Police officers coming off the Plane in timmins with too many geese after the goose hunt ujp in Moosenee. You can rest assured they did not loose their jobs. (perhaps the C.Os who charged them lost their jobs). If the guardians of justice can break the law and not loose their jobs, I am sure Mr Jenner should not loose his.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few years back they charged two Brampton Police officers coming off the Plane in timmins with too many geese after the goose hunt ujp in Moosenee. You can rest assured they did not loose their jobs. (perhaps the C.Os who charged them lost their jobs). If the guardians of justice can break the law and not loose their jobs, I am sure Mr Jenner should not loose his.

I'll bet if it had been the Brampton chief of police who'd been caught, the result might not have been the same... :mellow:

I know it may seem harsh, but when you accept a position of responsibility, especially one where your tenure hangs by a thread with a devided board, you have to accept consequences...

If the Brampton officers with too many geese were Fish and Game Officers, they would have been in BIG trouble.

Mr Jenner was linked with the illegal hunting of moose using a helicopter. This does not sit well with his position working for the Helicopter Association.

Had he been charged with possession of moose meat hunted illegally with a ski-doo, I doubt that the Directors of HAC would have much to complain about.

There are some professions where you get tried by the law for breaking a law and it goes public in the media. THEN, you are "tried" once again in a 'Service Court' where the media is not allowed and it only goes public by the rumour mill perhaps. The results of the civilian court trial may or may not have any bearings whatsoever on what that Service Court determines. That result may be that you may indeed keep your job, but you may well have to wait many, many years for promotions and your career in that profession may well be greatly 'stunted' forever. It will also probably be that the public never ever hears of reults of this Service Court appearance even through the 'rumour mill' and therefore determine in their infinite wisedom that you didn't loose your job, perhaps never even got fined and basically got off 'scott-free'.

Just something to think about before one 'draws and quarters' certain people in certain professions. Allow me to assure all that the RCMP Service Court is much more feared by it's Members than any civilian court and doesn't come with anywhere near as many Rights as a civilian court appearance entitles one. Ditto for the military and the military even have their own penitentaries with it's own rules and Rights that do not 'mirror' society's. This all is only mentioned with regards to the statements about police people supposedly breaking laws and 'apparently' getting away with it. Sorry, but not EVERYTHING gets reported in the media......and even then it's reputation is that it's only about 25% factual at best.

Brian Jenner -----I trust that your Director, who might have lost his a/c and who caused you to plea "Guilty", will be making the gesture worth your while very soon because it was very, very costly my friend. He had his a/c 'on the line', but you put your position, your reputation and the livlihood of you family 'on the line' to supposedly save that a/c. Sorry Brian, but to me those three items are worth more to Yours Truly than any a/c and I'm afraid that if it would have been me and that was the 'price' needed, he'd have lost his a/c.

There are some professions where you get tried by the law for breaking a law and it goes public in the media. THEN, you are "tried" once again in a 'Service Court' where the media is not allowed and it only goes public by the rumour mill perhaps. The results of the civilian court trial may or may not have any bearings whatsoever on what that Service Court determines. That result may be that you may indeed keep your job, but you may well have to wait many, many years for promotions and your career in that profession may well be greatly 'stunted' forever. It will also probably be that the public never ever hears of reults of this Service Court appearance even through the 'rumour mill' and therefore determine in their infinite wisedom that you didn't loose your job, perhaps never even got fined and basically got off 'scott-free'.

Just something to think about before one 'draws and quarters' certain people in certain professions. Allow me to assure all that the RCMP Service Court is much more feared by it's Members than any civilian court and doesn't come with anywhere near as many Rights as a civilian court appearance entitles one. Ditto for the military and the military even have their own penitentaries with it's own rules and Rights that do not 'mirror' society's. This all is only mentioned with regards to the statements about police people supposedly breaking laws and 'apparently' getting away with it. Sorry, but not EVERYTHING gets reported in the media......and even then it's reputation is that it's only about 25% factual at best.

The Canadian Military has one military prison. There are usually at most, 2 or 3 inmates at a time and the maximum sentence is 2 years less a day. An inmate must be sent to a civillian institution at the two year mark.

During my time in the military I knew one fellow who did a 6 month bit in CFSPDB and from his story, that is the LAST place I would want to end up!

The worst part is, once a person has served the sentence, they are turfed from the forces (there are rare exceptions).

As far as the police getting away with things.....after 11 years in the law enforcement community, I can say with utter certainty, far too many get away with far too much, even today, but with the advent of cell phone video cameras, that is slowly changing :)

I still think though, we have the best of the best when it comes to the boys in blue...except for that @#@$ who sits on highway ___ pulling people over for doing 10 over. Yah you, you know who you are...I hope you get a serious case of roids!! LOL

Anyhow, I think losing a helicopter over some moose meat is definately over the top....people who commit far worse crimes against other people are often given much lighter punishment.

Losing your job, career and livelyhood for handling some moose meat? I don't know..... I understand how it looks and how it could hinder a persons credibility but ****...that is a pretty hefty price to pay for helping to load some meat.

I wish we took REAL crime as seriously.

I think I have said all there is to said on this thread. Thank you all for the opinions and comments. For the most part they were interesting, stimulating and quite civilised. I will now withraw from any further comment and/or response to this thread.

The coles notes version for you TS :rolleyes:

WW