Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Man Survives Plunge Over Niagara Falls, Helicopter Assists In Rescue

Guest SidewallPuncture
Ok what is it with this forum, as soon Niagara Helicopters is involved, some people put words out there i wouldn't even think off or wish to somebody else.

Please stay fair to everybody involved in this discussion or in any other discussion. There is a lot of things which could be done differently in this world, at work, gov. etc. and it's hard to please everybody. I would say or actually i know Niagara Helicopters is doing his share to keep this operations at a level where the risk is managed and there will always be a risk left in any helicopter operations.

RH

one of the most important things that has to be considered from Niagara's point of view is the limelight. They're in it whether they want it or not. Thousands of people see these events unfold live, millions more when it hits the news.

They've been in it before with previous incidents.

I would assume that they would want their portrayal of a rescue operation to be top notch (as well as their tour operation), because there is many many other professionals out their watching. Under the scrutiny of more than a few guys like me.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok what is it with this forum, as soon Niagara Helicopters is involved, some people put words out there i wouldn't even think off or wish to somebody else.

RH

I don't work, nor have I ever worked for the man but I know his operation well enough to see that JEALOUSY plays a huge factor in all the negativity directed towards him.

He is a character but at the end of the day, that operation is a model and over the next couple of years, there will be many wishing they had the same.

Bravo Rudi and Boys

WW

Guest SidewallPuncture

don't even get me on that part of this at all Mark...you're stretching it just like the news media did on that topic.

I don't work, nor have I ever worked for the man but I know his operation well enough to see that JEALOUSY plays a huge factor in all the negativity directed towards him.

He is a character but at the end of the day, that operation is a model and over the next couple of years, there will be many wishing they had the same.

Bravo Rudi and Boys

WW

Obviously, you know nothing about the man or his operation.

All is not as it appears, my son.

I posted the media release to let everyone know what a great job the Niagara Crew (including every agency involved) did in saving a man's life. If the machine were a 212/412, Cormorant or any other twin, I am sure the same handful of people who are criticizing, would still find some other reason to criticize, only because of those involved. Great job NHL!

I am sure there are a million reasons why they wouldn't work but, what about a set of pop out floats? :up:

A good question, and I,ll try to give you a good answer.

It basically boils down to money.

Floats are an expensive option, usually only considered if the customer has a long term contract and is willing to pay, or your operation requires you to have floats due to the rules and regulations.

Floats cost money to buy and maintain, money for the spare parts, and mostly, because of their weight, keep an operator from putting more bums in the seats, costing more money.

Another concern is an operation where alot of people are getting in and out of the heli, the floats will get stepped on, and floats hate being stepped on. So, unless you have a quick, easy and effective way to keep people off the floats, another tick in the no box.

No doubt the way this thread is going some smart *** will shoot me down, but I will try to add something constructive and hopefully informative to this debate.

Then you apply for a job, when you have 1000 hrs and a university degree, and draw your own conclusion.

I hear they are always look'n for pilots.

My a$$.....a university degree!!! are u kinding me??? And a 1000HRS to do circling around the base...,.are you frinkin sick???

No way. this is not serious.

I can do the job right now, and i got 100 hrs,not question about it. Or the 1000hrs requirement is for other purposes in the company contract....wich i will understand. Not for freakin touring *****'s around...

Your smart enough to get the door open about the company or the guy behavior, so finish what you started and tell us what you gotta say.. i wanna know!!! Grand Pa.