Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Man Survives Plunge Over Niagara Falls, Helicopter Assists In Rescue

My a$$.....a university degree!!! are u kinding me??? And a 1000HRS to do circling around the base...,.are you frinkin sick???

No way. this is not serious.

I can do the job right now, and i got 100 hrs,not question about it. Or the 1000hrs requirement is for other purposes in the company contract....wich i will understand. Not for freakin touring *****'s around...

Your smart enough to get the door open about the company or the guy behavior, so finish what you started and tell us what you gotta say.. i wanna know!!! Grand Pa.

Maybe you should tell us all what else you can do with your whopping 100hrs Sling, you beak off on these forums like you been at it for years mate.If I were you I,d maybe read and learn instead of being so keen to jump in with both feet on any subject thats posted. You maybe want to give us boys in St Johns some of your experience and wisdom about this industry while your at it......sure TSB would love your advice.

Good job Rudi by the way, nice to see a happy ending on that one.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My a$$.....a university degree!!! are u kinding me??? And a 1000HRS to do circling around the base...,.are you frinkin sick???

No way. this is not serious.

I can do the job right now, and i got 100 hrs,not question about it. Or the 1000hrs requirement is for other purposes in the company contract....wich i will understand. Not for freakin touring *****'s around...

Your smart enough to get the door open about the company or the guy behavior, so finish what you started and tell us what you gotta say.. i wanna know!!! Grand Pa.

:huh:

I think sling started drinking a little early today haahah

I posted the media release to let everyone know what a great job the Niagara Crew (including every agency involved) did in saving a man's life. If the machine were a 212/412, Cormorant or any other twin, I am sure the same handful of people who are criticizing, would still find some other reason to criticize, only because of those involved. Great job NHL!

There does seem to be a rising ground swell of negativity whenever Reudi or NH appears on the forum.

Kind of like when somebody in Dog River mentions the town next door, you just want to spit !

Guess he's rubbed a lot of people the wrong way over the years.

Obviously I'm no Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. And the closest I've come to piloting a helicopter is holding a cyclic for about two minutes, while the actual (very diligent) pilot of the thing kept us from nose diving into a river. But I love intelligent debate, problem solving, and sifting through an issue and deducing or paring it down to it's best possible core.

It's already been said, but it's so easy to say what would have been best after the fact. Which is justifiably valuable because that's how we learn, improve and evolve. But it seems to me that if there is a bottom line here (and there is always a bottom line), it is that both the individual who was rescued and those who rescued him are alive and well. A job was done successfully, no one was hurt doing it, the helicopter is in one piece... done. Sure, okay, review, assess, done.

In researching this industry, I heard SO many stories of so many situations where many pilots have had to make decisions that probably put he/r, the machine, and possibly "their" passengers on the line. And fortunately "they" were able to pull it off. Discretely. And continue doing "their" job with a little extra "Fear of God" in ... them.

In critiques (critical analysis of art work) in school, I learned how to intelligently and critically inquire into a piece of art: to ask only, "what is working and why? what is not working, and why?" To look at the thing objectively, and rationally, on all levels be it composition, colour, psychological/emotional/conceptual content etc.... This system of critical analysis, I've noticed, seems pretty effective in several areas of life. And it seems as though one could apply it here as well.

The thing I appreciate the most about looking at a thing, or situation this way, is that it forces a person to focus on the greater good. And adhere to a deeper commitment and contribution to this thing they love, be it art, the helicopter industry, SAR, or baking chocolate chip cookies. And, every time, it works.

My hats off to those involved in this rescue. In any rescue in which lives are saved, and those who are involved who get to arrive home safe in the evening. And to anyone, really, who contributes to greater safety for everyone in the future.

HB

Maybe you should tell us all what else you can do with your whopping 100hrs Sling, you beak off on these forums like you been at it for years mate.If I were you I,d maybe read and learn instead of being so keen to jump in with both feet on any subject thats posted. You maybe want to give us boys in St Johns some of your experience and wisdom about this industry while your at it......sure TSB would love your advice.

Good job Rudi by the way, nice to see a happy ending on that one.

WTF is wrong with the fact that i could tour poeple in niagara, and right now NF???And hey...i can also do much better.

Yeah and talk about experience "Mate".... might not be able to teach you boy's from st john nothing on chopper thing for now, but keep and mind that i could teach you a thing or two in buisness, where i had success, and you not...

This is sooo easy for an experience guy to get on a low timer's head, some of you suffer a lot of the God complex. I aint gona be treaten like that, sometime when you have a guy standing in person......it's an hole different story. ;)right Newfieman. And oh, this is an advise.

WTF is wrong with the fact that i could tour poeple in niagara, and right now NF???And hey...i can also do much better.

Yeah and talk about experience "Mate".... might not be able to teach you boy's from st john nothing on chopper thing for now, but keep and mind that i could teach you a thing or two in buisness, where i had success, and you not...

This is sooo easy for an experience guy to get on a low timer's head, some of you suffer a lot of the God complex. I aint gona be treaten like that, sometime when you have a guy standing in person......it's an hole different story. ;)right Newfieman. And oh, this is an advise.

Sling, it really is so hard to be angry with you because of the way you construct the English language. You're anger lands in such a completely innocent way. And I can't help but (no offense, condescending or patronizing reply intended) laugh. I admire your youthful fire. But perhaps you might want to run around the block a few times, or lift a few trucks, and allow these older bucks their (dare I say) "alpha" credibility until your time is due.

Please forgive me, Sling. And know that I do see your position. It's just that anyone in any industry who has more experience / credibility is going to rule. Every time. And we all have to pay our dues. They've had to as well.

(HB out).