Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same

I went for my first helicopter ride when I was 6 months old. I don't remember when I started loving helicopter but it looks like it might have started with that ride. 26 years later I finally got to take my son for his first ride.

...and yes those are the same ear protectors in both pictures haha

post-2551-1244514262_thumb.jpg

I found my dad's log book last summer- starting entries in 1942- flying Tiger Moth, Cessna Crane, Fleet Canuck, Harvard, Avro Anson, one entry in a Lancaster- all in the prairies, ending with Bell 47 in 1979. Same words as I use now, just on real paper instead of our computers.

Got my son (a VIH Employee) a flight in a Harvard (last winter in Dallas) 68 years after dad was checked out as flight instructor in one.

B.M.

I went for my first helicopter ride when I was 6 months old. I don't remember when I started loving helicopter but it looks like it might have started with that ride. 26 years later I finally got to take my son for his first ride.

That is super cool! Thanks for sharing.

SP

This made my day, FF. Thanks for sharing.

:up: :up: