Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Professional Behavior

Guest bag swinnger

Hey Happy,

If you are looking for a job on the south coast, I saw an ad looking for a 206 driver a while back at Gulf Islands Helicopters. That may work for you, I think they were requesting a degree or something to work there though. So not sure if you would make the cut... or not.

Good luck!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Happy,

If you are looking for a job on the south coast, I saw an ad looking for a 206 driver a while back at Gulf Islands Helicopters. That may work for you, I think they were requesting a degree or something to work there though. So not sure if you would make the cut... or not.

Good luck!

nice.

Don't listen to them, HF. Bags doesn't have a degree either... He's just got a great attitude, complete focus, and an awesome personality. He's handsome too, which doesn't seem to hurt him any (don't worry TR, I mean that in the most platonic way possible).

Do the best you can with what you've got.

I don't care who you are, that right there is funny. :up:

Wow...

I am getting the impression you have burned a few bridges in the past. This industry really is too small to do that. There are a lot of owners, ops managers, and chief pilots who talk to each other on a regular basis. Many of them read these forums on a frequent basis.

All you can do is try to start fresh with a company who doesn't know the people who seem to have your goat. When you do get a new chance, try to think from the perspective of a small business owner. What kind of people would you want working for you if you staked your whole financial future on making a small helicopter company run smoothly and profitably? If you can treat your employer exactly the way you would want to be treated if you were in his shoes, then almost all the guys out there would reciprocate and treat you fairly as well.

If you haven't in fact burned any bridges, but just have made too many enemies of other pilots out there, then there isn't much you can do. Sometimes this industry is like a bunch of old women gossiping at bingo. You just have to try to play nice and make friends, not enemies.

It's definitely a hard time to find work for anybody right now, so don't be too quick to judge the motives behind any lost job opportunities.

In all honesty, I sincerely hope you crash and die!! In fact I am going to say a prayer this evening and direct a much bad karma your way as possible. I hope the short shaft breaks and you go spinning out of control roll down the side of mountain and get mangled in the wreckage and with any luck bleed to death!

I'd suggest this potential employer perhaps caught wind of the above attitude.

Frankly, you deserve to be on one blacklist: The Vertical Online banned for life list.....