Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bell 206 Type Course

Grumpy

West Point Helicopter Industry Services now has an approved Bell 206 and B206L diferences course available.

Transport Canada requires a seperate "L" endorsement for the basic 206 type course.

They have a course starting October 12th, 2009.

If you need any more info contact www.westpointheli.com

Is that a new requirement? I had previously thought that since the 206 type course was under the same type certificate # as the L (H-92) that no differences course was actually required. Can you clarify?

Cheers

What is the deal with this??? Is this a serious transport requirement??

Swede

Ok guys (and gals); you need to re-read CARs 571.11 and AN C012, and re-read it again to minimize confusion. Basically, as we all understand, the TC approved type course for the airframe and engine is the minimum. As the type certificate for the airframe (206A/B/L...) is H-92 and engine (250-C20) is E4CE and (250-C30) is E1GL, to hold ACA and certify the Bell 206 "Series"; my understanding would be that one would require a TC approved Bell 206 airframe course, TC approved Rolls Royce 250-C20 course, and TC approved Rolls Royce 250-C30 course, with "differences training" covering the 206L. There is nothing that I can find saying the differences training must be TC approved, however as with all training, the corriculum must be defined, and documented.

The only shortcut, and it's not a shortcut anymore, is if you held an AME license on type (series) pre August 1999, you could be grandfathered :)

I hope this helps clear the smog a bit.

:rolleyes: