Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Wow

recent CADORS I came across......I took out the name of the company........but hearing things like this really piss me off.

Bell B206 Overdue (594875N 1253661W - North of Muncho Lake). BLANK Helicopters reported an overdue long ranger C-%&*# from Muncho Lake Camp to a drill site approximately 48 miles northeast. The Buffalo, Cormorant, and two charter helicopters were tasked. C-@$%& landed safely the next morning after spending the night out due to weather and nightfall. The critical factors were entered. A total of 17.7 hrs were flown by all aircraft involved. C-@#%& was equipped with flight tracking and a satellite phone; however, both devices were turned off as a cost saving measure. The company owner was very apologetic.

so being apologetic is acceptable because we're in a recession? :o :lock:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

recent CADORS I came across......I took out the name of the company........but hearing things like this really piss me off.

Bell B206 Overdue (594875N 1253661W - North of Muncho Lake). BLANK Helicopters reported an overdue long ranger C-%&*# from Muncho Lake Camp to a drill site approximately 48 miles northeast. The Buffalo, Cormorant, and two charter helicopters were tasked. C-@$%& landed safely the next morning after spending the night out due to weather and nightfall. The critical factors were entered. A total of 17.7 hrs were flown by all aircraft involved. C-@#%& was equipped with flight tracking and a satellite phone; however, both devices were turned off as a cost saving measure. The company owner was very apologetic.

so being apologetic is acceptable because we're in a recession? :o :lock:

wow

JD

I have nothing to do with this incident but am quite astounded that anyone would get a "big chuckle" out of it. Obviously neither Zazu or Kilomike have never had to sit up at night worried if someone is alright.

A big thanks goes out to the SAR crews and the charter helicopter guys who were sent looking.

The lesson here should be that the pilot missing should have turned on his elt when overdue and let the satelite do the tracking and help the SAR crews pin point him. It is NOT a requirement to have the AFF or satphone but IS a requirement to turn on your elt when overdue.

I think it is sad that the pilot did not know the rules and probably could have contacted a SAR ship on 121.5

I think it is sad that people find it amusing.

It would be interesting to know if the pilot had a 406/121.5 elt in his ship.

Nevermind the ELT and broadcasting on 121.5, it would have saved a pile of grief and money if the pilot had just relayed through a high flying fixed wing on 126.7. Been there done that myself, no shame in it and you'd be surprised how many other aircraft will answer you if you ask to forward a message.