Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Apartment Fire Put Out By Great Slave 212

Hopefully Skystar and Palindrome aren't MoT Inspectors.

During the Kelowna fires of 2003 and 2009 there was an enormous number of helicopter flights (single and twin engine) over built-up areas.

I didn't hear of any buckets falling-off, or any pilots getting violated.

Great job Great Slave.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you wanna bet that 212 crew is gonna read this and laugh their ***** off?

I sure would be!!

This forum has a very strict profanity filter......In my post above I actually had typed the word va_gi_na but the profanity filter nabbed it.

VA-GINA!! VA-GINA!! VAG1NA!!

Guest Bullet Remington

You folks all done blowing wind now??? lookit, it has already been established that the crews, GSH violated NO CARs!

As for the applicability of CAR 602 and CAR 703, etc, it has been already proven in a court of law, WHERE one regulation/standard contradicts another, both regualtions/standards are null and void and there can be NO enforecment actions taken against any person or entity.

I know first hand!!

Bembridge and Dennone wouldn't have allowed that 212 to go ito a situation IF there was ANY possibility that somebody's life was endangered.

AGAIn, there were NO violation of any CARS nor any other laws. This was an 'Aid to Civil Power"responce at the request of the YK Fire Department!!

Anybody nit picking the crew and the company on this, has too much time on their hands. And I really don't give a rat's *** if they ARE TCCA Inspectors!! And no I don't work there!!

Now the only thing missing from the discussion is AR. Oh wait a minute...he always waits until everybody's done before he starts blowing hot air!! I guess we'll have to waitm now won't we!!LOL LOL

Good Job GSHL and the crew as well!!

AGAIn, there were NO violation of any CARS nor any other laws. This was an 'Aid to Civil Power"responce at the request of the YK Fire Department!!

Obviously, you are not a lawyer, or a TC inspector, nor do you understand the "possible" ramifications if something had gone wrong. In fact, there was a violation of the CARS re external loads over built up areas. But because all went well, it most likely won't be an issue. But when things go wrong all bets are off and there in lies the issue. When things go wrong, someone is always to blame or found legally liable, good intentions aside. You can justify things anyway you want because things went well. It would be front page news and a field day for any lawyer, if they did not!

Pal

Obviously, you are not a lawyer, or a TC inspector, nor do you understand the "possible" ramifications if something had gone wrong. In fact, there was a violation of the CARS re external loads over built up areas. But because all went well, it most likely won't be an issue. But when things go wrong all bets are off and there in lies the issue. When things go wrong, someone is always to blame or found legally liable, good intentions aside. You can justify things anyway you want because things went well. It would be front page news and a field day for any lawyer, if they did not!

Pal

If the Dog didn't stop to take a $h-t he would have caught the rabbit. The Donkey could quit any day and put you on top of some one. Maybe anything with a single engine should be banned from flying over any built up area unless you can glide or auto out of it. This topic is getting crazy.

Good Job GSH. keep it safe.