Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

So? Who's Busy?

Anyone having a better year than last, or about the same? I know there are a few pockets of work around, not a lot seems to be going on in the fire world at the moment, logging is still slow, heard a couple companies are laying off or close to closing doors, a few others seem pretty busy with the revival of mineral exploration.

So who's doing what? Me? I'm enjoying the World Cup and the US Open on days off. ;-)

AR

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 weeks overseas 6 weeks home.

Take off - engage outo the pilot- read check list - 1 hr later read check list - disengage outo the pilot - land - read check list - do same in reverse - ect ect ect

Miss fires, exploration and drill moves ect. a lot - so much fun.

I hope everybody has a great, safe season.

Cheers

Sharkbait

Big, multi-start day in Slave district yesterday. More lightening coming this afternoon. 10,000 hectare fire up near Chip Lake. We're doin' ok this week...

Otherwise, seems pretty slow.

DM

In Revelstoke and area it went like this....Dry as a popcorn fart up untill mid may...expected to see smoke (and tourists...my new buisiness) everywhere. From then on it's been nothin but rain. All the resevoirs have gone from "dire" to FULL! The skies are quiet.

Good luck and fly safe all should the opportunity arise.

In Revelstoke and area it went like this....Dry as a popcorn fart up untill mid may...expected to see smoke (and tourists...my new buisiness) everywhere. From then on it's been nothin but rain. All the resevoirs have gone from "dire" to FULL! The skies are quiet.

Good luck and fly safe all should the opportunity arise.

Similar around here (we're usually drier than Revy, too). There was the odd small bushfire in the valley bottom in February (:huh:!), but it got real wet right after the ski season ended. Now, things are green in the valley bottom and still pretty snowy in the alpine. Not a lot of heli activity around here.

However, Environment Canada's latest long term dart-at-the-wall calls for a hot and dry summer...

Those of you that are flying, fly safe and have fun!

- Darren

Ontario has been the hot spot until recently, even a few western operators made the trip out east too. There have been more fires to date then all of last year but it seems to have slowed a bit now. There is work out there but you have to travel to less desireable places and accept less pay than previous years. Stick it out because the only way to go from here is up!