Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Roho Seat Cushions (Astar)

Hey guys,

I'm looking for advice and opinions on the Roho seat cushions. I've heard (and read) good things about them and looking into buying one, mostly for use while longlining in astars.

If you've got one: What size and model do you find works best?

Any other general comments or tips before getting one?

Cheers

• Like 12

I have a " High profile single cell." 18.25 X 16.5 X 4.25 inches. It works great, although kind of wierd when doing something like heliski as the pressure differential makes you move up and down quite a bit. Super comfy. Pricey though $589 unless you have extended medical and a perscription

I have a question. A couple years ago, I was told it was ok to remove the seat back cushion (essential for the taller guys), but that the seat bottom cushion could not be replaced unless it was an approved replacement. Something to do with energy absorbtion or whatnot.

At the time I was using a low-profile gel seat cushion because I find that the stock cushions on Astars (with the old seats) are a little too high for me when longlining. I've since gotten used to being a little higher, and with the new seats, the cushions are thinner and the seat base higher anyways.

So what's the deal ? Is it ok to switch the seat cushion for a non-aviation approved replacement ?

I suggest the 2 inch high cushion.

Measure the seat you are going to use it on for size. You don't want it too wide or long.

I think mine is 15" x 15".

I love Roho. I have used them for 10 years now.

Worth every penny.

As 407D said.....mention the back pain to your doctor, and he will write you a prescription that will qualify you for a claim on extended medical, if you have it.

Hey Guys

I have one also, I believe mine is the mid height one 3 inch thick and mesures about 15 by 15 also and if you are close to the border buy it through the state, get it delivered to a UPS office and bring it across the border yourself, mine with the multi cells cost me 350 US plus aprox 50 in taxes and duty, the best investment ever for mediums and Astars. As 407D said it inflates a lot when going at altitudes... Does anyone ever had an issue with it with big altitude changes like from 2000 to 8-900?

Cheers

Roho's are standard in the crane.....yes, as 4,000+ ft/min climbs, and 6,000+ ft/min descents will cause pressure differentials in the cushion...... 14,000'+ DA certainly is interesting....!!! With a bit of use and experience, you will be forever grateful, that you will manage to keep your "pain in the a$$", to perhaps, an "ex wife"......:0 ???!!!?!

I would suggest that one checks with the manufacturer's recommendations before removal and replacement, along with company policy ....!

• Like 1