Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Contract Pilot Rates, What Are They?

• 2 weeks later...

I always like to quote a good buddy of mine (and agree :) ) .....

"I don't get out of bed for less than $1500.00 a day!"

I don't give out my rates as they are between me and the company but I will say this: "don't sell yourself short"!

I like the way your buddy thinks!! Not sure how realistic it is but I like the sound of it.

Nothing new here - secret deals done between some pilots and management and we all wonder why when the snow fly's some of us are EI.

Why not just post what you make as someone else if you are worried. I'm a bit out of the loop too but $200 an hour on the Medium with 3 hr mins was the norm. IFR with HTSC I was $110,000 which was pretty light but it was the recession and only had to work 6 months of the year and the gear was excellent and I had a bar in town...

• Like 1

I always like to quote a good buddy of mine (and agree :) ) .....

"I don't get out of bed for less than $1500.00 a day!"

"!

I would sure like to know which planet your friend flies on? Sure one can make 1500 a day and even more in certain situations, but a daily guarantee???? If you're logging 10+ hours a day or getting 8's on a medium everyday; sure, but you might get fogged in for a week or released from a fire flap. Please tell 412 Driver?