Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

More Helicopter Drug Smuggling!

N1

Well all the border isn't "watched" and that's hard for the US Border Patrol to do anyway with only 576 personnel stretched between St. Andrew's at the NB border crossing and 3,500 miles away on the West coast. I suppose we are to assume that that tunnel is the ONLY ONE in 3,500 miles? Hummmmmm.

Maggie ......."there's not much need for them across the prairies" eh? That same thought allowed Carl Bronfman to smuggle booze across the US/Can border south of Brandon, MB during the 30's to sell to Mr. Capone et al for years. That money earned also established his liquor empire. Those trails and a whole lot more still exist and can be travelled to this day. I believe I'd have a tendency to build a tunnel where many thought as you and there's a ton of places for that across the prairies besides doing it where they did. God, that area of the Lower Mainland and the Niagara region has to be the most-watched parts of the border anywhere along it. To me, someone "had a brain cramp". My grandfather's property in southern Manitoba was and still is a barbed wire fence and THAT's the Can/US border. To this day, people just step across that line and go hunting with their buddies from both sides of the border. It's all considered a joke in the area and has been for over 90 years....on both sides. The only motion-detectors around that area are some farm dogs that bark at all strangers near the house. :D

Maggie ------no, I'd do the same as you I'm afraid cause my back hurts on a good day, but if I did that or dug that tunnel, there's a ton of sparse area that abounds without picking some neighbourhood next to a noted international point for smuggling drugs and people. :D

So H.J....... how many newfies "does" it take to build a bridge?????

Be careful now, alot of Newfoundlanders here :P:P

You know your from Newfoundland when....

=========================================

- You only know three spices - salt, pepper and ketchup.

- You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

- The mosquitoes have landing lights.

- You have more miles on your snowblower than your car.

- You have 10 favourite recipes for bottled moose.

- Canadian Tire on any Saturday is busier than the toy stores at Christmas.

- You live in a house that has no front step, yet the door is one meter above the ground.

- You've taken your kids trick-or-treating in a blizzard.

- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled in with snow.

- You think sexy lingerie is tube-socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons.

- You owe more money on your snowmobile than your car.

- The local paper covers national and international headlines on 1/4 page, but requires 6 pages for local softball scores.

- At least twice a year, the kitchen doubles as a meat processing plant.

- The most effective mosquito repellent is a shotgun.

- Your snowblower gets stuck on the roof.

- You think the start of salmon fishing season is a national holiday.

- You frequently clean grease off your barbeque so the bears won't prowl on your deck.

- You know which leaves make good toilet paper.

- You find -40C a little nippy.

- The trunk of your car doubles as a deep freeze.

- You can play road hockey on skates.

- You know 4 seasons - Winter, Still Winter, almost Winter and Construction.

- The municipality buys a Zamboni before a bus.

- You actually get these jokes and forward them to all your Newfie friends.

......and as a dear, departed buddy from NFLD used to say after a bunch of "Newfie" jokes........"What's black and blue and floats on St. John's Harbour bye..........The next F'in mainlander who cracks a Newfie joke". :lol: