Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Heliskiing

skidsup

Just wanted to poll the industry to compile a quick list of which companies are going to be doing heliskiing in BC this Winter. I am interested in expanding my horizons but don't have a medium endorsement yet so I'd like to know who'll be using lights/Astars and 407's. Additionally if anyone knows who might be 'looking' to add a pilot to their heliski rouster, please PM me.

Thanks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that there are a few changes in the Industry...mostly on the coast and NW BC.

What I know so far ( all rumors, please correct me if I'm wrong ) is..

Purcell Heli-Ski - Tasman 212

Great Canadian - 2 350's CHL will probably keep it, but Mustang was sniffing with B2's.

RK - Skyline 212 and the HY-Ridge B3

CMH - The Empire comes back, I assume :D

Selkirk Tangiers - Mustang 2-3 205's

Weigle World - VIH

Robson HeliMagic - Yellerhead (obviously, since they own it :D )

Crescent Spur - Airspan 205, Trent and Andre

Last Frontier - Bell II - Ralph and 2 - Tasman 407s' ???? (including AUQ, the Prairie Heli lease out of Gimli maybe? ) Gee, no Bighorn B2 this year ? go figure?

TLH - Wildcat 212's ??

Nelson 407 - haven't heard yet?

Mica Heli guides - Kokanee, Matt and the gang (Cathy, Tony)

Whistler crowds - too far away, no idea there?

Bella Coola ?????

Peace Reach guys ???

Heard Tasman will be running 4 407's on skiing, 2 north of Terrace ( I assume Bell II?). 2 212's on fire in AU and 2 skiing.

Also heard Prism is looking at something with their 2 B2's up near bella coola

I heard Wildcts 212's were headed to AU for fire?

I also am looking for ski work for the winter(or lunch flying for a certain compnay if I could only get past the woman who answers the phone :huh: ). Lots of 350 time, coast, winter snow, glacier, and mtn time above 8000K. PMs appreciated with rumors or tips. Good tips yield lots of beer

JFK