Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Contrail

I wonder does, anybody remember the Engineers and Helicopters Assoc that was suggested.

Remember, you were warned that an individual stating his opinion on this web site has no effect, but an assoc with 500+ members just might have some effect in representing these problems to the powers that be.

Think about it.

Cheers, Don

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike being "reactive" and am more comfortable being "pro-active". With that thought in mind, I would like to know if anyone knows the website for this firm or an e-mail address for them? Would anyone happen to know anything about this gentleman's background other than internet rumour?

He concerns me not as far as I'm concerned because I have no intention now or at any other time, of obeying said rules in either F/W or R/W. They might even come to fruition and if the bulk of the industry put them in place, then my career in aviation would officially come to a close. They have attempted and succeeded in many cases, of trying to change and take the fun and enjoyment out of aviation during my career. Whether it should succeed or not, this is but another example of an attempt to take more of that fun and enjoyment away.

Cap, young buddy:

Day after day I read the same thing, people stating different facts of life that they have to put up with, but nobody tries to do anything about it. An individual griping on this web page is like a person farting in a 40mph gale, who hears it.

You, of all people having been in the industry all this time and letting a few meat heads run the show and furthermore stating that you would quit flying if it got any worse, leaves me flabbergasted. I would have thought you had more backbone, even if it is sore.

Don't get me wrong, I want nothing to do with setting up any assoc., bin there, done that.

All you griping individuals are represented by nobody,so who hears YOU????

I think it's time for a reality check, things are only going to get worse.

Cheers, Don

Cap my friend. First of all, I am all over anything that will lend itself toward increasing safety in our industry. No question. However, although this person is well known in the industry for his efforts aimed at increasing aviation safety (or at least pocketbook size) it would appear some of these efforts are misdirected. Change for the sake of change under any guise will do nothing but frustrtate the true needs within the industry. I can see no need for our brethren in the wilds of Northern Alberta to sport a brisk white shirt, blue trousers and black oxfords while fighting with a fuel drum in the muskeg. It is nonsence! (and I have a photo forever stamped in my memory of a young fella in cutoffs and a tee shirt sitting on the skids of a 205 in Northern Alberta while on a fuel stop at a large forest fire...I cant get that site out of my mind Cap..I may need help) 1000' VFR...sure..O.K.....tell that to the client. Or forestry. Methinks anyone who holds him/herself out as a consultant in any areana, should, at the very least, have had to spend some time doing what he/she consults on. NOT flying fixed airport to airport and watching as those wretched sots below peek over ridge after ridge in search of a clear path home. Wearing, by the way, old blue jeans and steel toed boots. As for a web page for this company. Not to be found. However, bvh@contrailaviation.com will get an e-mail to someone at this addresss;

1035 Mctavish Rd. N.E.

Calgary, AB.

T2E 7G9

Now, I am not slighting anyone. I am not furthering conjecture, at least not by design. I just think it is time for some clear thinking and common sense. Good to see you are well Cap.

the way i see it, changes happen everyday in life. from what kind of beer you drink, to what the weather does. in all cases you make the best of it and cope.

So what if this guy makes all these recommendations, the only thing i see right now is fear of change. I'd have thought everyone would be used to change by now as indicated in my opening sentence.

If these changes are adopted by the companies, then what's the problem with following them? Once they, (the companies who said OK to these unreasonable new limits) see the reality of these changes not being realistic at all, then guy who made the recomendations won't be making them anymore will he? back to the unemployment line he goes and then it's right back to the way it was done before.

It was the same way with this so called engineers and pilots association and any talk of unionization. No body wants changes, but you never know how bad it'll f**k up the industry until it gets it's turn.

Quote :

" the way i see it, changes happen everyday in life. from what kind of beer you drink, to what the weather does. in all cases you make the best of it and cope. "

And the way I see it I'm with Cap, the time for me to quit aviation has come mostly due to morons passing rules and policies that are idiotic.

So I am leaving aviation to those who are idiot enough to swallow this crap.

I officially retired from flying the airshow circuit in Europe this fall mostly due to the politics that allow total morons to dictate what we do.

So screw aviation and those all the poor fools who think it is O.K. to meekly bow to morons and even hand them the KY.

There I feel better already. :up:

Rev

Quote :

" the way i see it, changes happen everyday in life. from what kind of beer you drink, to what the weather does. in all cases you make the best of it and cope. "

And the way I see it I'm with Cap, the time for me to quit aviation has come mostly due to morons passing rules and policies that are idiotic.

So I am leaving aviation to those who are idiot enough to swallow this crap.

I officially retired from flying the airshow circuit in Europe this fall mostly due to the politics that allow total morons to dictate what we do.

So screw aviation and those all the poor fools who think it is O.K. to meekly bow to morons and even hand them the KY.

There I feel better already. :up:

Rev

Perfect Track, you are out of track again.

An association does not encompass one company, it could include everybody in the industry.

Do you know anything about HAI???

How in **** would you get every employee of every company, unionized.

Do me and everybody else a favour and put your brain in gear before you start making brash statements.

I for one was probably in the industry before you were born and firmly beleive in association's as a means of communication.

Ever hear of COPA, some union.

Don

don't treat me like an imbecile.

you seem to like to take a statement from me and make a story of it to your likeing.

I know what HAI is, I know the differences between unions and associations. Too bad you think you have all the answers for me. You gave up on your dream, let it die. Nobody took the reigns if I remember correctly, must speak volumes for the need. My form of communication is with the boss' door closed behind me, I don't need a gang of merry gentlemen doing my dirty work for me, association or union based.

Respect is earned not given freely, the guy making all these idiotic recomendations will eventually find , if he hasn't already, that he is in the lower percentile of respect in the helicopter industry. Some others should take the hint too. Maybe at some point he will realise this or at least those who hire him will.

I've read many of the posts in here and find that the new rules won't be accepted easily, and that's your right, but remember professionalism and airmanship is reflected in your replies and in your actions.