Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Unions? An Example...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the whole union matter is sleeping for now, but it would be correct to say that without the use of the licence granted to the pilot to operate the AC the operator(s) would have a hard time operating more than one AC.

So the licence and the use of it must meet the requirements of the Pilot.

The ultimate power lies in the hand of the Pilot who has the licence, only when the Pilot is brainwashed into believeing that its a privelege for him or her to allow the company to make big bucks from his licence without proper working conditions and compensation do problems arise.

Wake up!!

Backasswards I say!

H ;)

...that without the use of the licence granted to the pilot to operate the AC the operator(s) would have a hard time operating more than one AC.
How would they operate any, if a licence wasn't granted to a pilot? (That includes the operators too, right?)

So the licence and the use of it must meet the requirements of the Pilot.

A licence and a pilot, won't even get you a cup of coffee anywhere. Until an operator lays out about a $1,000,000 US for your ride, you aren't worth diddly squat.

So even though it looks like the little circle jerk you got going there is fun, until you understand that it takes THREE sides, (operator to supply, pilot to fly, engineer to fix) to make a business work, your doomed to be unhappy in the industry.

Too bad, for me it's still a blast after 28 years. :up:

Ok Folks, All I said was that its the pilots license that enables the operator to operate more than one AC, then we get back- Oh everybody is unhappy!

The only thing I said is that the operator needs the pilot , and yes the engineer, so what gives. Skids seems to think still that all pilots should be at the mercy of the operator because its a real priveledege to fly after spending 1M. This is the crap that I am talking about!- Sure the operator spends 1M dollars but return on the investment is significantly higher than what the pilot makes in a year, so that doesn't mean that the pilot has to be treated like a hanger oner and that he is at the mercy of the operator so that he can make that investment real. What horse crap!!.

The power is on the side of the worker that facilitiates the operator so he can earn a return on his investment.

Its a symbiotic relationship, a happy pilot means that all runs well and profits are good. So the pilot can be replaced easily cause the guy waiting for the job still thinks its some kind of a friken privelege to make the operator rich.

UNIONIZE!! I have had enough of the brinwashing that its some kind of a priveledge to be employed and treated like a twerp cause the operator is letting me make him rich!!

Total and utter rubish!

H

This is the crap that I am talking about!- Sure the operator spends 1M dollars but return on the investment is significantly higher than what the pilot makes in a year, so that doesn't mean that the pilot has to be treated like a hanger oner and that he is at the mercy of the operator so that he can make that investment real. What horse crap!!.

The power is on the side of the worker that facilitiates the operator so he can earn a return on his investment.

So the pilot can be replaced easily cause the guy waiting for the job still thinks its some kind of a friken privelege to make the operator rich.

UNIONIZE!! I have had enough of the brinwashing that its some kind of a priveledge to be employed and treated like a twerp cause the operator is letting me make him rich!!

Total and utter rubish!

H

I have a question with regards to operators getting rich...anyone know the average life expectancy of a helicopter company in Canada? Did all the operators that shut down over the years shut down because they were too rich? Hmmm...I think the operators that lost everything when they gambled and went broke or realized it wasn't as much fun or profitable as it looks from the outside may argue that a little. :shock:

I guess you could always ask the operator to share the profit but in return, what if he asked you to share the loss? You might take the skylight you broke in stride but how about the turbine that went hot on startup? He who takes the gamble sometimes wins, sometimes not. Most helicopter companies in Canada are owned by guys that were rich from something other than helicopters.

Who said there wasn't any risks?

Lets start with the first and most important risk! MY LIFE! This business is friken dangerous, Im sorry its is , I evfen know operator that has a several decades of experience that don't fly for this very reason and have seen all kind of guys bite the bullet, there where two I know and thats just this year! So excuse me if I am demanding better wages and the most comfortable existance ( within reason )

The bottom line is this !

If you want to hire a professional pilot who has the experience under his belt so that your machine won't get hot started or stupid mistakes are not going to happen at least give the guy the courtesy of mutual professional respect.

To run the thing like " oh there's another guy waiting for the seat" so you better lick my *** goes over like a preganant pole vaulter. Most operators have this mindset. Cause, couse, there is not mechanism to protect the rights of an employee in an atwill employment environment. We need potection form the few Jerk operators. I will not name any names cauue there are too many in comparison to the few operators that understand what side there bread is buttered on.

Of course any complaint is mearly a bad attitude on the part of the lowely pilot who is just a disposable dirt bag to be added to the cull! Don't speak out! be silent its a privelegde to make us rich!

Give me a break!

UNIONIZE!!!

H

Vortex -----during my career I've found that the majority of R/W owners did not rely on their R/W company to put the bread and butter on their tables. They had made their monies elsewhere and/or were still involved in that business at the same time. In some cases the R/W business was merely a "write-off" for tax purposes. Having said that much, some of those same operators were a joy to work for and so they weren't all bad. There are of course, owners who have put blood, sweat and tears into their business and it IS their major source of income. Once again, some of them are not great to work for, but many more are "cutting you" the best deal that they can afford and treat you as well as they can.

Skylite? Seen the price on a replacement chin bubble on a 206 or medium? I think I'll let the operator foot that bill......thank-you. :down:

That's the best idea yet! :up:

Then we could come (with a union of course) and enjoy the highest wages, best working conditions, the best tours and rotations and the latest and greatest flying machines. B)

All with total rspect and admiration from the management staff.

Post the signup sheet as soon as possible... :lol: