Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tool Bag Goodies

as i sat here contemplating the upcoming season, i got to thinking about what kind of stuff i can cram into my toolbag which would come in handy or make life a little nicer. i'm looking for items that one might not think about until they needed it. For example toilet paper, bug spray, bear bangers, sunscreen, special tools, bung wrench, girlie mag, etc... doesn't have to be limited to summer either! thanks in advance!!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

condoms...lots of them, and not for the reason you're all thinking.

See, you use them as water balloons to ward off any stressful days with your pilot and/or job. What better way to cool off and let out some steam eh? The condoms play a vital role, because if you showed up on a jobsite with a zillion water ballons, you'd be that "gay" engineer. Now with a bag full of condoms....it'd make any pilot jeolous and a tad bit curious. :shock:

I use my Leatherman every day.

I would also suggest a plastic and rubber oil filter wrench (I think it is called a "Boa") to undo a contaminated refuelling filter.

Watercheck paste to find out if the fuel is contaminated in the first place.

Refuelling gloves to prevent your hands from getting drenched when you change the filters.

A lighter is good to have for not only starting a fire of contaminated fuel but also for thawing a frozen lock.

A camera to take a picture of the resulting inferno