Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The best thing about the helicopter industry...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CTD ---- We feel the same then. I don't even have a problem with an Inspector opening a door to 'my office'. He can sit at my desk also, if he wishes. He may touch anything he wants or turn on any swtiches he so desires. If I'm there....fine and if not, then he has a slight problem. IF, any of his actions should cause me grief during the next flight, he'd best hope I died. Ergo, if nothing is 'out of whack' on the inspection, why get the 'natives' upset. Just tell someone what you would like and have them get it or show you, etc. I find that so much of this is a personality thing.

Hi Gang:

Now that I am back and just rolling in USD hundreds, I will rejoin this illustrious group.

With regard to the noting of safety issues with any aircraft it is our duty to point out any issue that we believe to endanger life or property.

Not to point out such issues to the Pilot / owner/ operator is morally wrong.

The secret is the manner in which we approach the individual with our concern.

I will co-operate fully with anyone TC or not if the individual is pleasant and professional, however attitude is the key. If the person is officious arrogant or just plain acting like an as.hole then of course I will react accordingly.

To ignore safety issues makes the person who found it an enabler, by allowing the issue to go unchecked.

Now to some of the wonderful things about our industry.

Sitting out on the ramp at the High Level fire base on red alert, eating ham & cheese sandwiches washed down with warm coolaid while the ground crew eat meat and potatoes in the cook house.9.gif

The Reverend Chas W.

What is so great about this industry?

To fly over places you have never been to, and would never go if you didn't have this job, to fly 8 hours of sightseing tours to show people what a place looks like from above, to sit in a bar and shoot the breeze with fellow airmen/women and wrenches while having a laugh over previous stupid behavior, to meet and see people you would otherwise have never known, to see and feel the great joy, when someone you have trained finaaly stands there with the license in hand, ready to go looking for that first job, or even better, to see that person get their first job.

Not so great, hearing or reading about some fellow aviators demise, known or unknown, and also in my case, seeing your own students go ahead of you (not bad for them, rather for my own egotistical self) to that better job.

but when push comes to show, all the good outweighs the bad by far, and my start up the ladder is not too far into the future! [;o]

Hi all,

Back from vacation back in BC. The boys out that way must be busier than Lucien Bouchard at an a$$-kicking contest. Saw a large herd of Bell mediums between Sicamous and Vernon before the big fires by Kamloops flared up, and a Sky Crane flogging around Banff on the return. Keep up the good work guys, but I'm sure you're too busy to be checking the web for congratulations.