Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Premier Helicopter Training

kevin

You sound like an excellent trainer Mr. Wood, keep it up. Kevin you seem to be a natural and with the training you have received, both in the air and on the ground will serve you well.

With the 47 you have learned how to manipulate and control your RPM or keep it in the green climbing and decending. This will serve you well when you transit to turbine and have a governor failure. I flew a 205 for over a hundred miles without governor and its quite a job to get it on the ground without blowing the engine.

Good luck, cheers Don

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vast and max continious

when you shoot an aproach at 5500 ft in a non turbocharged piston you have no throttle left so if collective is raised rpm will droop. Thats power management. Or how about watching him make an approach with hover power applied and his left hand on his leg. Kevin knows how a customer will leave you with no power as I change the weight on a regular bases.

Kevin passed his flight test @ 80 hours and did a great job, with out the 100 hrs completed he isn't even licenced yet, but for some reason you think this is a good time for you to let us all know how smart you are. The reason you don't see me on hear often is all the low time and not even licenced guys tellin every one how smart they are.

How about just a CONGRATULATIONS KEVIN, or maybe a good luck with the last 20 hours. He will be a great asset to some-one and I'm proud of him.

Rob Wood

Premier Helicopter Training

If Kevin has passed his Flight test at 80 hrs. then you have done an excellent job and congrats to both you and Kevin. My comment about big fish in little pond may have been a little hard and sorry for that. As for my comments on power management, I believe Kevin was a little unsure of exactly what it was by his comments. Kevin said "The BH 47 teaches excellent power management with the requirement for the pliot to assist the correlator to maintain RPM with the throttle." We (Plumber and I) were adjusting his understanding a little bit.

Max C's comment was not out of place at all.

Your comment about low time/non-licenced pilots was inacurate if you were refering to Max C and Myself.

In conclusion,

Truely Congradulation Kevin, and again to Rob for doing a fine job.

Vast

Well I just have this to say. If he did his licence in 80 hrs. he's one of those naturals who will go a long way in his career just as long that this comment doesn't get to his head. These guys are rare indeed. But also he must have had a good instructor it goes without saying. I wish you good luck in your aviation adventure.

• 2 weeks later...

Best to you Kevin and Congrats on the flt test going so smooth, or so i hear... As for Premier, I can also personally attest that it ranks in the top schools out there. I base that on the fact i have attended at one point or another (including fixed wing flying) four different schools over time and Premier came on top. While I remember being lucky enough to have flown and been taught by truly experienced high time guys with lots of hours and stories to tell, Rob went the extra mile. He is passionate about helicopters and unwilling to compromise on safety (the attitude one should have towards it) . What Premier did that very few schools will ever do for you, is "after service" . Rob has helped me in countless other ways while looking for work after i got out with that 50,000 dollar piece of paper, and he was always helpful when i needed to get advice or opinion. In that sense, Premier is more like a membership.

Now feel free to pound, that is just the way forums are...

bm

Thank you for the coments Kevin. You worked hard and did a great job, I'll see you in the new year and we will finish you last 20 hours.

For the rest of you, no Premier is not in abby, Pitt Meadows.

Is it true your flights are filmed top to bottom on dvd from several differnt angles for post flight analysis? sounds like something that could be useful... kind of like watching a videotape of yourself playing sports.

Might have to go and check this place out. (DAMNITT, you people keep making wheels in my head turn.)

Cole

Cole + volition,

Premier uses a wide angle camera to film each flight. The picture covers both pedals, the instrument panel, both cyclics and the whole horizon. There is full audio on the disc of the instructor making comments about the tasks at hand. The student leaves each flight with a DVD to review of the flight. Great teaching tool.

Kevin

Cole + volition,

Premier uses a wide angle camera to film each flight. The picture covers both pedals, the instrument panel, both cyclics and the whole horizon. There is full audio on the disc of the instructor making comments about the tasks at hand. The student leaves each flight with a DVD to review of the flight. Great teaching tool.

Kevin

How is it a great teaching tool? What value does it add to the learning experience?