Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Old Okanagan Rondel Logo

C-FXFX

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Easy on the Oky knockdown and the colors. I lived as a child in Toba Inlet BC and got my first ride in a 206 there. Whoever was in on that it's ther fault I'm where I am now! :up: Anybody that was in on that gig with Weldood please PM.

Oh by the way those 61's were ugly but the engineer that stopped the black bear from eating my sister who thought it was a dog is greatly appreciated.

Aza Ehlers

Easy on the Oky knockdown and the colors. I lived as a child in Toba Inlet BC and got my first ride in a 206 there. Whoever was in on that it's ther fault I'm where I am now! :up: Anybody that was in on that gig with Weldood please PM.

Oh by the way those 61's were ugly but the engineer that stopped the black bear from eating my sister who thought it was a dog is greatly appreciated.

Aza Ehlers

Relax Zazu, I was not knocking down Okie I was just pointing out the orignal Dom-Peg logo. I was working for Dom-Peg at the time.

I spent the next seven years with Okanagan with no regrets it was a good company to work for.

"Before anyone demonstrates their ignorance concerning Okanagan Helicopters or what they and some of their personnel contributed to R/W aviation in Canada, it would be an intelligent idea to trace the history of the company first. That way, whenever they sling a load with a longline, for example, they will know what company started it first, where that was and who the first pilot was who did so"

Above Quote from Cap

Actually I am very interested in knowing the "who" "where" and "when" this longline business started. Who came up with the idea etc.

I admit my ignorance of that part of the industry.

When I started it was like "put it on, try it for 15/20 minutes and then go to work" but nothing else as far as history, where it came from.

Anybody know?

Jacques

"Before anyone demonstrates their ignorance concerning Okanagan Helicopters or what they and some of their personnel contributed to R/W aviation in Canada, it would be an intelligent idea to trace the history of the company first. That way, whenever they sling a load with a longline, for example, they will know what company started it first, where that was and who the first pilot was who did so"

Above Quote from Cap

Actually I am very interested in knowing the "who" "where" and "when" this longline business started. Who came up with the idea etc.

I admit my ignorance of that part of the industry.

When I started it was like "put it on, try it for 15/20 minutes and then go to work" but nothing else as far as history, where it came from.

Anybody know?

Jacques

I think it all started in the pilotzoic era when drivers where considered to be unclean. The poor soles spent so much time away from the comforts of thier straw huts that washing never crossed thier minds.

The mechanics, who's thermal heated, artesian plumbed caves where never far from the work site, found this distastfull. They cleverly devised a way of distancing themselves from the pong by inventing what we know today as the "LONG LINE". So the next time someone gives you a steel cable, a Chevy2 and tells you to go play, read between the lines....

To think I used to hate history when I was a kid....