Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hac Leader

Guest Jerry

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bushrat, so from the information that you have read on this issue, how is it your business? Do you have the whole story? Let us know? What did Brian do with the helicopter??

Agree with you T-Rex, these back seat drivers always know that newspaper tell the whole story, everytime. Obviously if its in the papers its all true.

Get the truth, it you can handle the truth! Mr. Jenner has not only been the best individual for the helicopter industry in Canada but a leader and negotiator making us all successful. With out Mr. Jenner this industry would not be anywhere close to where it is today. Be respectful and be careful on your responses. Some times the less you say, the less others will know what you do not know.

T-rex and Pax:

As Mike pointed out in an earlier post, no personal slagging allowed. HOWEVER, since this is published in the public domain (Montreal Post) it is fair game. Although I agree that the newspapers are notorious for getting it wrong, they also have LARGE legal departments and if this was not fact they would not publish it.

I agree with Bushrat and others, those in positions of authority need to live up to a higher standard and this flies in the face of good moral behaviour. Although the old saying "ignorance of the law is no excuse" holds true, here is an example of if anyone should know better it is theses guys. This industry has enough problems with public image with out this c**p. Shame on you both.

I'm afraid that my principles that I live by and my life experiences differ greatly with the majority here.

First of all, what anyone in the position of Brian Jenner does in their 'off hours' while representing the helicopter industry in Canada IS my business........be it bad OR good. IF he does NOT occupy the office that he does occupy presently, THEN what he does on or away from his jobsite is NONE of my business in any sense. You are not divorced from your position after you close the office door when you are in his position or one similar to it. He's not expected to 'walk on water' and is allowed to make mistakes, but there's a strong difference between scratching your *ss and tearing the H*ll out of it

It is for the EXACT same reason that when I ran a Base at one time, ALL visting 'pool personnel' were told that if they wished to 'screw around' or do anything that would put me, my Base or the company in a bad light in my area, that they were to leave their company caps, jackets and sundry 'billboards' in their rooms and go in their own attire. I worked hard to establish a good PR for my Base in the area and if they besmirched or damaged that effort by their off-duty actions, then there was going to be a price to pay. I had to live there afterwards while they went on their merry way and left the damage behind. If someone wanted to cause me damage in that regard, then their ***** were going to be grass and I'd be the lawnmower. I was 'called' on it only once and it was quickly determined who was the 'lawnmower'.

'If it's in the newspaper, then it's true'. Really? If that's the case, then I've been dead since April of 1970 and I've therefore decomposed very badly. According to authorities at CBC North I died in the Mackenzie River amongst river ice and in front of the Mackenzie Mountain Lodge. That was reported as such in the news and reported also on CBC North by one Stanley Burke, a star reporter for CBC at that time. I died in a plane crash and there were reported witnesses to this tragedy to boot. CBC called my pregnant wife a week later at ahome to get her comments. She passed-out on the phone and that led to a miscarriage of our first child hours later. One year later the lawsuit against CBC North and reporter Stanley Burke was settled out of court. There also followed, one week later, a signed letter of apology from one Mr. Al Johnson, President and CEO of the CBC at that time. The court settlement allowed me to pay for my first newly-built home in full and stash-away another large sum. So if it's all the same to everyone here, I'll not hang your *** 'out-to-dry' based on some newspaper report/reporter either until I get much more proof than that. For those who don't agree, well at least you understand why I feel the way I do.

I first met Brian Jenner in the early '70's in James Bay and he's had my respect since that time whether I agreed with him or not......and many times I haven't. I'll accord the man the same that I would want to be accorded myself..........to get more proof on the event before I loose that respect.

Mr. Cap

If a court of Law had determined that you were actually "Guilty of Death", well that would justify a lot of your comment.

The Quebec courts have found Mr. Jenner and Mr. Martel guilty of some serious crimes in a court of law.

How the newspaper prints the story of the charges is not the issue.

If I was the President of the HAC, and were to be caught and charged with running drugs across the border with a helicopter, would I still be able to lobby the government as an effective representative of the helicopter industry?

Hopefully the members and directors of the HAC will have a democratic vote in the near future to remove both said individuals from their positions if only to restore some credibility to the association.

As you mentioned, some pool pilots screwing around at your base can have a big influence on how your community views your and your company. When the apparent "head honcho" and "VP" getting caught screwing around.....well, the reflection is very poor indeed.

Am sorry, but can anyone tell me what he did, best I can find out is that was found with some moosemeat....not trying to start something just cant find the info. :blink:

My opinion of the folks chasing the moose to hunters and the wolf baiting,,,,,not printable,,,,and people wonder why the laws are so strict on this,,,shyte for brains.

Am sorry, but can anyone tell me what he did, best I can find out is that was found with some moosemeat....not trying to start something just cant find the info. :blink:

My opinion of the folks chasing the moose to hunters and the wolf baiting,,,,,not printable,,,,and people wonder why the laws are so strict on this,,,shyte for brains.

thats the only thing i saw too Skullcap, was the possesion of moosemeat....I decided to not jump to specifics because I wasn't sure if the translating software got itall, or missed some points.

how many of us have been in possesion of something we shouldn't have been at some point or another? Think dry camps, think ebay, think back in 5th grade when Tommy said, "here kid, hold this for me or i'll break your nose"

Possesion of the moose meat aquired the way it was, is in fact illegal. Maybe Mr Jenner was being the stand up citizen he is, and decided to not contest the charges, plead guilty, pay his fine and the next time he's given a freezer full of meat, he'll ask a few more question on its origin.

Does that make him out to be the devils spawn and call for his immediate resignation? IMHO, not this time....but do it again and sure I'll agree...