Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Best Places To Work In Canada

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LG4.....james bay, hydro quebec's "camp".

air conditionning in every room, inside swimming pool, fully equiped gym, home theater room, bar, convenience store for beer... :) 4 pool table, boat with outboard for fishing, free video rental, private telephone with free longdistance call in your room,

elevator for your luggage, 3 choice of menu for lunch time and dinner time and if you dont like, they can make a club sandwich, and, ......your comming back every day at lunch time for a hot meal even if it take 1 hr of flight.

But......you only fly 10 to 15 hrs per week ....no matter...we have minimum :lol: :punk:

well....lol...it's not a camp.....here's what it look like now....

did i mention free internet in each room? and the checker's rule?

185 rooms for 60 workers :shock: :shock:

I agree LG-3 and LG-4 are very sweet digs, as long as you're there working for HQ Production. If you have the misfortune of being there for SEBJ, Environment, fish & game or an exploration company, you're treated like a real leper. I spent three weeks at LG-3 on an SEBJ job (they are a subdivision of Hydro Production :wacko: ). They put us up in the "old section". The rooms were fine (queen size bed, lake view, large private bathroom, in-room fridge, etc.), but no phone, no tv, no Internet, no cell service, and the only pay phone there was out of order. They have an Internet room, indoor swimming pool, weight room, music room, gymnasium, etc. etc., but we weren't allowed to use 'em 'cause we weren't members of the social club. We even got dirty looks going into the bar for drinks after work ! :down:

I was so pissed off I almost got into fist fights on a daily basis with these spoiled ********. Longest three weeks of my life. I have no problem with isolation when in a remote camp, but when it's all right there, within reach, and you're denied access because you're not a card-carrying union member just really sucks the big one... <_<

Well. I feel a whole lot better now ! :lol:

Arctic tent camp

Encana siara construction camp

The cabin out back at the pink mountain lodge

Tommy lakes

Marianna lakes

BILLINGS MONTANA!!!

It's all good, even the worst jobs turn into great stories!

All the best camps have everything to do with the type of job, hours of flying, the crew. The job for me is all about the experiences not the comfort. Big fires, seismic at 7000 ft, polar bears, musk ox, drill moving, that 4 ft jack fish in northern Manitoba, panning for gold and finding some, finding ocean fossils at 6000 ft. The list goes on but dam we have the best job there is.

And chick dig choppers, what more could we ask for!

rob

but when it's all right there, within reach, and you're denied access because you're not a card-carrying union member just really sucks the big one... <_<

Well. I feel a whole lot better now ! :lol:

excellent...you heard it here first folks...HEPAC is open to the masses, no longer will you need to be a member to enjoy the perks. :punk: :punk: I expect the news letters in the mail anyday now. :punk: