Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Resourceless Helicopters

skyward

An old time salesman friend of mine (he worked for over 40years as a proffesional salesman working on the road for a major industrial supplier) put it to me this way, "you will sell once on price, you will sell repeatedly on service". Truer words have never been spoken. Look at your own purchases, do you always buy the cheapest out there or do you purchase stuff at places that give you good service? I bet more often that not it is the latter.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say, "The further you move up the food chain, the more important price becomes, and usually at the cost of service ". Then I reflected on HVs post, and remembered that no customer wants hassles. Service = No hassles. Good service = Exceeding expectations for eliminating hassles. Many customers will pay a premium for this!

A thought for those new to customer service work: the boss is also an important "customer". You sell a service to that "customer". The less hassles, the happier the customer. I want all my customers, including ops mgr, chief pilot, and party mgr, to feel like they can rely on me to get the job done with no hassles. Ideally, I remove hassles for them! That's customer service!

And for those nit pickers, no hassles means no regulatory problems, as well as no operational, logistical, or personnel problems.

Jeeze, I should keep my hands off the keyboard. What a preacher! :)

D!ck

I was going to say, "The further you move up the food chain, the more important price becomes, and usually at the cost of service ". Then I reflected on HVs post, and remembered that no customer wants hassles. Service = No hassles. Good service = Exceeding expectations for eliminating hassles. Many customers will pay a premium for this!

A thought for those new to customer service work: the boss is also an important "customer". You sell a service to that "customer". The less hassles, the happier the customer. I want all my customers, including ops mgr, chief pilot, and party mgr, to feel like they can rely on me to get the job done with no hassles. Ideally, I remove hassles for them! That's customer service!

And for those nit pickers, no hassles means no regulatory problems, as well as no operational, logistical, or personnel problems.

Jeeze, I should keep my hands off the keyboard. What a preacher! :)

D!ck

should in intagra that in your maybe new name.......how about " :lol: D!ck the preacher"

i'm not sure how many "bosses that choose the company" you guys have seen in the field, but i have worked enough to realze that most companies (customers) are cutting costs. what are the "hassles" that are being referred to? the pilots drunk, bitching, didnt show up on time? maybe the owner is phoning looking for payment of the last invoice? or the machine is such a neglected piece of shat its always broken? i have seen this pilot, this engineer and that helicopter jump around to almost every company in canada. so dont tell me its about no hassles, with an expensive piece of equipment like that, it is about bottom line price. oh, ps. i rant like this because we charge full rate ALWAYS and have no work!

Scotty: For sure, paying (or charging) too much can make big hassles...

Deuce: It's Luv Glove. Get it right, eh. ;)

Elvis: Thanks.

Hello-Bird: We hardly know each other! Careful what (who?) you honor and revere. tee-hee.

The (dis) Honorable, (ir) Reverent Mr. Luv Glove, PhD. (Zipology)