Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pilot's Families

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been married to my first wife now for over 25 years. Once at the end of a long, hot summer after five weeks in the Yukon on fires, I arrived back at base with my machine to the smiles of my wife and 7 year old son. Within half an hour of my arrival we got a call to cover for a logging support machine that was AOG a short distance away. I was the only guy on base and my bags were still packed, so off I went. My son turned to his mom and said "why did dad even bother coming home?". She stormed into the boss's office and gently explained her displeasure. He said he didn't want to send me, but that I was the only pilot on base, to which she pointed out the HE was a pilot why didn't HE go and cover the job. It was bout two hours later, my gear stowed and I was in the process of getting fallers off the hill when a second company machine shows up with orders for me to get my gear and go home to my wife and son. That's a good aviator's wife!