Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Stealing A Guy's Refuelling Gear...now That's About As Low As It Gets

And, I specifically posted those little smilie things so those literately challenged could grasp the intent of the written word.

As for you question, What do you know? Appearently not a heck of alot?

It appears to me, that you're looking for a pi$$in contest.

"Those little smilie (sic) things....." This coming from somebody who sees fit to lecture on literacy? Quaint.

I'll tell you what I do know, and that is operating helicopters. Judging by what you posted initially, you seem to have little real experience in this area, so perhaps sticking to wrenching might be a wise course of action. Let me ask, when/if you fly do you pack the kitchen sink while long lining a max load or moving a ship full of passengers and gear too? How about when working here in the hills? :P (Note "smilie thing")

This is about the topic at hand.

A fellow got his refueling gear stolen, but you advocate never leaving anything anywhere, and (no there are no "smilie things" in the bulk of the paragraph I take issue with) then proceed to pull the typical mechanic BS about pilots.... Right, I see where my comprehension may be an issue. Again, I'll give you the lack of communication/medium out, but unfortunately in my career I've run into far too many guys displaying precisely the attitude emanating from your post - intended or not.... Instead of proving me wrong, you choose to throw barbs. Looks like I might have been right the first time....

I can assure you I'm not looking for a "pissing contest," but I will hold you to the content of your comments, "smilie things" or not. There are many young pilots on here reading this stuff, and spouting off the way you have shouldn't be left to lie unchallenged, as three of us so far have indicated. I think you'll find that you won't need little faces to make your point if it's made properly.

Earlier:

I concurr! IF YOU (Freewheel) go back and re-read the orginial post, the gear was left there overnight! I would have to question the intelligence of the pilot for leaving it there!

So you purport to know enough about the situation this pilot was operating in and can accurately judge his/her intelligence from that assumption and whether or not they should or should not have left the gear out over night? I somehow doubt you know anywhere near enough about it, and I'll make a broad assumption of my own that many of us with our butts in the seat every day would take exception to this judgment as well. But, in your estimation I'm not allowed to read a post YOU wrote for all to see and draw conclusions? That's logical. I'm sure the pilot this happened to would see it your way...

Guess I'll go put that "brightly painted helmet" back on now.... thanks for setting me straight.

AR

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have worked throughout Canada and have found myself often working out of remote caches. Often I have had the pleasure of having two or more sets of fueling gear. This leads quite nicely to leaving a set at each site. It would be quite upsetting to arrive to find one gone:( , to say the least. I make it a policy to not push my fuel unless I am right above my fuel, but this could have been a really bad situation but glad to hear it worked. Sad day when fueling gear gets snagged from a remote refueling location especially if the intent was intended as such. I have lost a few things up north and abroad as well but nothing that could have left me stranded.

Fly safe.

koala

"Those little smilie (sic) things....." This coming from somebody who sees fit to lecture on literacy? Quaint.

I'll tell you what I do know, and that is operating helicopters. Judging by what you posted initially, you seem to have little real experience in this area, so perhaps sticking to wrenching might be a wise course of action. Let me ask, when/if you fly do you pack the kitchen sink while long lining a max load or moving a ship full of passengers and gear too? How about when working here in the hills? :P (Note "smilie thing")

This is about the topic at hand.

A fellow got his refueling gear stolen, but you advocate never leaving anything anywhere, and (no there are no "smilie things" in the bulk of the paragraph I take issue with) then proceed to pull the typical mechanic BS about pilots.... Right, I see where my comprehension may be an issue. Again, I'll give you the lack of communication/medium out, but unfortunately in my career I've run into far too many guys displaying precisely the attitude emanating from your post - intended or not.... Instead of proving me wrong, you choose to throw barbs. Looks like I might have been right the first time....

I can assure you I'm not looking for a "pissing contest," but I will hold you to the content of your comments, "smilie things" or not. There are many young pilots on here reading this stuff, and spouting off the way you have shouldn't be left to lie unchallenged, as three of us so far have indicated. I think you'll find that you won't need little faces to make your point if it's made properly.

Earlier:

So you purport to know enough about the situation this pilot was operating in and can accurately judge his/her intelligence from that assumption and whether or not they should or should not have left the gear out over night? I somehow doubt you know anywhere near enough about it, and I'll make a broad assumption of my own that many of us with our butts in the seat every day would take exception to this judgment as well. But, in your estimation I'm not allowed to read a post YOU wrote for all to see and draw conclusions? That's logical. I'm sure the pilot this happened to would see it your way...

Guess I'll go put that "brightly painted helmet" back on now.... thanks for setting me straight.

AR

Keerist.....Actually if you read B.R comments, the humour speaks volumes.....but obviously some are deaf here!! :rolleyes:

Nope....no smiley thing either!

Lighten up.

Actually if you read B.R comments, the humour speaks volumes.....but obviously some are deaf here!! :rolleyes:

Oh thanks! I re-read it and you're 100% correct.... :rolleyes: Come on Bob, you're better than that.....

BR opened his mouth and let it flap about something he doesn't know about... You take people to task over the same things all the time on here, so if you don't mind....

Just because some of us have age on our side doesn't mean we get to spout crap. BR, you, me, all included. "Humour" or not, he's talking out his arse on this one.

AR

Hmmmm,

BR Sorry, but your opinion on the gear to remain with the aircraft is not in any way practicle. No disrespect intended but I think if you had a little more experience with licence #2 you would have a different opinion.

i

Yeah, Never worked a Lama, but I like the fact that MOST everything is hanging out. The ONLY machine uglier then a S64E! The French make me wonder what they were thinking when they designed and built that sucker! ......

I think lama's look great...

So, out of curiosity, where does the K-max fit on the list?

Guest Bullet Remington
Hmmmm,

BR Sorry, but your opinion on the gear to remain with the aircraft is not in any way practicle. No disrespect intended but I think if you had a little more experience with licence #2 you would have a different opinion.

Thanks for your post Jullian:

5000 hrs and 32 years LICENSED as a helicopter Engineer. So let me know what you consider sufficient experience, when I attain the required level I'll contact you and we can discuss this. :) That work for you??

i

Guest Bullet Remington
Did anybody think that it could have been a bear wearing skid boots maybe?? after all they do like the plastic grease and smells of sorts ??? :D

Now that's fuuny. That last line applies equally to us Engineers!! :lol:

Murduch:

Damned if i know! Some where between a big breasted cross- eyed peeler and a bow-legged pilot, maybe?? I've never had the opportunity to give one the once over up close. The K Max I mean. Now the peeler, I can tell you about BUT Twinnie would censor me!