Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Stealing A Guy's Refuelling Gear...now That's About As Low As It Gets

One of our pilots who is currently working in Northern Quebec had his refuelling gear stolen from a remote fuel cache last week (by another operator). When he arrived at his cache, he was surprised to find his refuelling gear gone and a nice fresh set of Skid prints in the sand. Luckily, the pilot still had enough fuel to return to camp and did not have to leave any clients in the bush.This is about as low as it gets; what happened to the proffesionalism and honor among pilots that the canadian aviation industry was built on? The responsible person(s) have no regard for human safety and don't deserve to be part of this industry.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe, but somehow it just doesn't surprise me in this day and age! Glad it all ended well and he had enough fuel to get somewhere else........... Would have been a real bummer had it happened in the middle of the arctic somewhere and you really needed that pump!

It was way more fun in the ol' days when even your hat was considerd sacred in an ulocked cockpit..........

R...

Well it is low.

But it is not the norm by any means.

There are pilots who will smuggle dope across the border. It is not the norm.

There are pilots who will yard felons out of prison yards. Not the norm.

Whoever it is that did this is a scumbag of the first order though and if discovered should be drummed out of the service.

Wow that sickens me. I can't believe someone would do that. If someone ever stole my pump and I found out who it was, it would end up costing them alot more than the price of one pump.

maybe find out more facts if this is the case, sometimes the communication aspect might kick in and its been an honest mistake by an inexperienced pilot.........

Guest plumber
maybe find out more facts if this is the case, sometimes the communication aspect might kick in and its been an honest mistake by an inexperienced pilot.........

This is helicopters friend. You blame and threaten first, then you get the truth.

How can taking a guys pump be

an honest mistake by an inexperienced pilot.........

If it is not yours, don't take it!!! How much experience (in life) do you need to know that???

Don't just assume that the guy before you was stupid and just flew off without his pump. :wacko:

There are a lot of reasons why a pump might be left in a barrel at a fuel cache...

I'm thinking that he'd better hope that no one (owner of said pump) finds out who he is!

Maybe someone thought it had been forgotten and the best way to return it is to bring it to town clean it up and put it in the lost and found errr..pawnshop window in the hope that the owner would find it.

I leave fuel gear behind all the time and **** it i can never remember where I left it......

if it weren't for these helpfull folks I would never be able to buy it back in an alley late at night...

In reality if it's not yours leave it alone what ever your intentions are if somebody left it behind there's obviously a reason.

Back to minding peoples buisness sometimes my own ;)

DSL