Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

And The Winner Is.......

Cosmo

Opportunity Notice

Intermediate helicopter leaseOpportunity InformationOrganization: Forestry

Reference Number: AB-2009-03756

Solicitation Number: 10AFD239

Solicitation Type: Request for Tender

Posting (MM/dd/yyyy): 09/08/2009

04:32:37 PM Alberta Time

Closing (MM/dd/yyyy): 09/23/2009

11:00:00 AM Alberta Time

Last Update (MM/dd/yyyy): 09/23/2009

04:28:34 PM Alberta Time

Vendors (Bidders):

Legal Name Amount Comment

Abitibi Helicopters $1,175.00 N/A

Alpine Helicopters Ltd. $1,480.00 N/A

Gemini Helicopters Inc. $1,385.00 N/A

Great Slave Helicopters Ltd. $1,425.00 N/A

Guardian Helicopters Inc (Commercial Helicopter Charter) $1,045.00 N/A

Kap Central Helicopters Ltd (same) $1,474.00 N/A

Northern Air Support Ltd. $1,048.00 N/A

Pacific Western Helicopters Ltd. $1,495.00 N/A

Remote Helicopters Ltd. $1,500.00 N/A

Ridge Rotors Inc. $1,143.00 N/A

Tasman Helicopters Ltd. $1,395.00 N/A

ULTRA Helicopters Ltd N/A bid withdrawn

Yellowhead Helicopters Ltd. $1,122.00 N/A

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha

after all the bad talk about ASRD on another thread good the same whinners take the bait and bid $1045. Funny thats the same bid Mustang just bid two months ago. Some real good number crunching to come up with that competative bid!!! Oh wait maybe it was as 2nd place was really close with thier competitive $1048!!! Come on these numbers are a joke people....

Sorry to disagree, but the loser is the employees, companies have a habit of paying in a trickle down way. Not to many times do employees get payed and the owners don't. Its gonna get pretty lean, but as it happens in the past it will turn around the strong will survive and the weak don't. Just hope I live long enough to see it. :lol:

It is unfortunate, but with everyone and their dog thinking they can get a helicopter - throw some barrels on an airstrip and call your self a legitimate helicopter operator. This industry is overloaded with operators and I think it was about time to have a weeding of the unecessaries. It will only be a matter if time with these rates.

It is unfortunate, but with everyone and their dog thinking they can get a helicopter - throw some barrels on an airstrip and call your self a legitimate helicopter operator. This industry is overloaded with operators and I think it was about time to have a weeding of the unecessaries. It will only be a matter if time with these rates.

I couldn't agree more bh205. What a flipping joke!!! This industry needs some weeding out, and unfortunately (or fortunately) there will be casualties. I feel bad for some of the drivers that will no doubt be unemployed. Why is it that our industry plays this stupid game- i.e. low ball each other into the ground. Recently, some idiot from next door told me their company can sell a 206 for 650/hour because it only cost them 300/hour to operate- so they "are still making good money". As long as there are people like this, we will see 650/hour jetdogs flogging around. Too bad. Maybe another slow year or two and the low ballers will be making my sandwich at the local deli. Fly safe.