Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

And The Winner Is.......

Cosmo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap

For that rate I will put away our iron and sub lease his for $944,

add $600/hr to get to where our customers pay for a B2 and that $600 /hr will be all profit for me!!

tried every different way to get all the costs to run a B2 into $944, can't get it to work for me, has to be the calculator I am using I guess

ASRD is getting a B2 for $944/hr, wonder what they are not getting??????????????

Holy crap

For that rate I will put away our iron and sub lease his for $944,

add $600/hr to get to where our customers pay for a B2 and that $600 /hr will be all profit for me!!

tried every different way to get all the costs to run a B2 into $944, can't get it to work for me, has to be the calculator I am using I guess

ASRD is getting a B2 for $944/hr, wonder what they are not getting??????????????

Nope, it's not possable, so where do you think the money comes from to get that rate??? :huh:

If the helicopter is owned outright and you don't have to pay hull on the insurance? Why can't you make money at $944.00. This is a real question.

Fly with no insurance on a contract that you bid half the going rates at???? What kind of pilot will you be able to hire that you can depend on not to bend your uninsured machine? Engineer from Walmart???

Not for us thank you, good luck and thanks for helping keep the industry down in the dumpster.

B.

Vendors (Bidders):

Legal Name Amount Comment

Aurora Helicopters Ltd. (Wood Buffalo Helicopters) N/A $1184 (Smoky)and $1284 (S Rockies)

Bighorn Helicopters Inc. N/A $1428 (S. Rockies)

Gemini Helicopters Inc. N/A $1250 (Smoky)

Great Slave Helicopters Ltd. N/A $1420 and $1420

Highland Helicopters N/A $1143 (Smoky)

hy-ridge helicopters ltd. N/A $1915 (Blairmore)

Lakelse Air Ltd N/A $1425 and $1425

Lakeshore Helicopters Ltd (Lakeshore Helicopters Ltd) N/A $1090 and $1090

mustang helicopters N/A $1124 (Smoky) $1248 (S. Rockies)

Northern Air Support Ltd. N/A $1345 (Smoky) and $1395 (S Rockies)

Pacific Western Helicopters Ltd. N/A $1228 (S. Rockies)

Precision Helicopters Inc. N/A $1550 (Smoky)

ULTRA Helicopters Ltd N/A $977 (Smoky) Withdrawn

VIH Helicopters Ltd N/A $1990 and $1990

Guardian Helicopters Inc (Commercial Helicopter Charter) N/A $944 and $944

Ridge Rotors Inc. N/A $1019 (Smoky) $1105 (S Rockies)

I love the irony in this industry.......

If you look down on the main page, there is a discussion about the different operating costs of 407s and Astars. That topic all seems to be moot when you look at the various bids tendered in Alberta.

Obviously we can't agree on how much it costs to operate a B2.....but it's between $944- and $1990-!

......and if it really is cheaper than $944- (considering that Guardian must be allowing for some profit there also), then you guys that want to charge over $1100 must just be ripping-off the poor taxpayers of Alberta. Shame on you!!

I guess I need to sharpen my pencil a little more......

post-414-1260039974_thumb.jpg