Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

C'mon Fires!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I'm not too familiar with bell mediums having tail rotor strikes but those blades look surprinsingly intact for bringing a machine down. As well, with the blades being up on a pylon you'd think it would be pretty hard to strike them on water.

Just curious if this has happened much in the past with the bell medium fleet? :wacko:

Fly safe! B)

Later,

pl

That's a good question Pitchlink, how in the heck do you strike the tail rotor in the water on a medium? Maybe he/she had other problems to deal with!?

Oh well, as long as everybody makes it back home every day, the rest is just sheet metal!

Don't forget to vote!!!! :up: :up:

pitchlink, I know of one other tail in the water with a 205. Happened to be the same company, but I know that driver didn't continue to work there afterwards. ;)

According to the Montreal Gazette

Fire crew safe after helicopter crash

A helicopter carrying a forest fire crew crashed in a remote and mountainous area northeast of 100 Mile House late last week, but the pilot and his three passengers were not seriously injured.

Anyone subscribe to this publication and has the whole story?

Anyone else know anything about this?

Hey there, I'm back from my short little stint with the fires. Fun, Fun!!

Lot's of initial attack fires or 60-80 hectare 3 machine fires. Rain had us released but sounds like there are more fires going that'll keep us all going over the next little while anyway. I heard that highland machine that went down was an astar and she flamed out. Not good, but obviousely the pilot did a good job in the landing as no one got hurt. :up:

####, Not so sure of Flameman as it may lead to some not so desirable abbreviations bot torchman, sure. But hey Rainman's not so bad, rain from the eye in the sky, not rain from clouds.

here's hopin we go to the Yukon next!!, Just need some maps?

More reasons that Transport Canada adopt a system like the FAA sites where problems are easy to find without needing a access code or waiting two years for a limited report of selected incedents.

:elvis: