Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

C'mon Fires!

I don't know if it's such a good idea for so called "preliminary reports" to be released by the Transportation Safety Board. I know some of you are thinking that the sooner we all know why an accident happened, the sooner we can learn something from it, but no preliminary report will teach us any thing more than what we hear from word of mouth.

You can also bet your -ss that you will not learn any causes from any preliminary report because those investigations are extremely time consuming and thorough especially when someone is hurt or killed. Also, the outcome of what may seem like an open/shut case can change dramatically once all the evidence is examined. The latest issue of "The Maintainer" has a few excellent examples of this.

You can ask for preliminary reports all you want, all you're gonna get out of them is very limited info which we usually find out through word of mouth soon enough anyways!

P.S. When I say word of mouth, I don't mean the news! Those idiots never seem to get it right!!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear, hear! Bang on, Mag. Simple awareness that certain things have occurred, or that many are occurring is always of value. If it only makes some of us pay that extra bit of attention, or use that extra share of prudence, that's plentyof value.

Certainly, misinformation or presumption of cause can be harmful, and the authorities are wise in not making pronouncements until all the evidence is in and sifted, but the benefits in keeping interested parties fully aware of incidents and established fact are well proven. B)

Jetbox,yes the Maintainer gives excellent reports but they are a selected few and long after the event.

As for relying on word of mouth it depends on who's mouth is talking. If person # 1 tells their information to person # 2 and they in turn tell # 3 and so on ..... by the time it gets back to # 1 it is not reconizable as the same event.

:elvis: :shock: :shock: :elvis:

Just to clear up any rumours...

The Tundra 212 was shut down and rotors stopped when the refueling problem occured. They had another company ship right there, transfered the rap gear over and were up and running in no time, never skipped a beat! The aircraft will be returned to service.

Well done guys! :)

Maybe a partial 'well done' guys, but our information is that the fuel cap was removed before the aircraft was bonded to the fuel source - a natural for static generated ignition. Either the individual refueling or the company procedure would be open to criticism if that's the case. :(

So I stop by the hanger last weekend to take my yearly dose of abuse from 407 driver and if you read my previous post I was going to hit him up for some golf balls to lose. Imagine my surprise when his secretary informs me that 407 driver has no balls? I think that she was refering to golf balls but I can't be certain. What do you other guys think????