Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

So The Word Out Now Is Gemini Sold?

I work for one of Gemini's competitors, but I've come to know many of their pilots, engineers and managers. I can say unequivocally that they put safety first and foremost. I would not hesitate to catch a ride with them.

Regards,

Dick Mitten

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last 8 years I've had the pleasure of working around Gemini employees and doing some third party work for them. The ownership group and employees have always acted in a professional manner.

Gemini is one of the few companies that can boast that they have a functional and effective QA system (aka SMS). Which is more then a lot of companies can say.

My guess is that they expanded based on contracts that where signed and got cancelled. This is what probably put them in the position they are in.. They're not the only company that got caught by this in the last 18 months.

I think it's not only unfair, it's unprofessional to suggest that from what I remember from the accident report was a failure that should have been caught at overhaul was Gemini's fault.

Like Chris said, if your going to make accusations about a person or a company Man up and sign your name!

Sean Smith

Director of Maintenance

Black Swan Helicopters

It never ceases to amaze me how the concept of anonymous forums continue to elude a great many people.

That's the point, it's a bit like some of the 'confidential reporting' on various SMS systems I've seen popping up these past few years, not that I'm suggestion anything untoward about that fabulous fiasco, er concept.

AR

Hi Auto,

Does that mean you support this site's use of anonymity or not ??

Anonymity is a double-edged sword.

In the case of the confidential reporting systems used by the TSB, MoT (SMS), and the FAA(administered by NASA), these are all very positive ways to improve flight safety.

In the case of Beltdrive's spurious and libelous comments, they do nothing to improve anything, and I'm sure he wouldn't make such pathetic comments about such a tragedy if he couldn't hide behind this site's use of anonymity.

His comments were deleted without his identity being revealed, and that's the way it should be.

It's just such a pity he makes statements like that in the first place.

B2...I left flying for a career change that had nothing to do whatsoever with Gemini's future outlook. I just wanted to stay home with my daughter a little bit more and help out my father with the family buisiness.

And ABSOLUTELY NOT did I leave for Maintenance Issues. Contrary to the convictions held by some here on this forum I can say that if you knowingly fly an unsafe machine for Gemini...well...YOUR FIRED! PERIOD! SEEN IT! For the nine years that I worked there Christian had his phone on 24/7, (and boy did I ask some dumb questions sometimes LOL) so did Roch (who by the way takes his title as "the Responsible Executive" very seriously.) And Todd, who is Old School...always, and I mean always had my back. I've grounded my iron for any number of reasons over the years and was even thanked in writing, and publicly on the company newsletter. I was also there when Ben died. He was my Captain at one point. And I can tell you that while Gemini was not at fault I can honestly attest that the attitude changed and there was always a silent impression of "NEVER AGAIN"!...they changed all their cyclic grips, installed collective mechanical brake style load releases on all their machines to name just two expensive mods. The latter saved my *** once thankyou very much!

I got my start at Gemini and I ended my career with Gemini. Should I choose to go back it will be my first and probably only stop. The present Management Team included of course!

Aza Ehlers

Hi Auto,

Does that mean you support this site's use of anonymity or not ??

Of course I support it, that is what this forum is. It's all right there in the agreement when you sign up, if a person were to choose to reveal their identity, then fine, but to make it out to be some sort of badge of honor is ridiculous.

You and I both know how small this industry is, and I can imagine a "known user" heli forum would be little more than a bunch of guys blowing sunshine up their collective arses. The industry on the other hand needs some people to speak out - here you have it. When someone says something entirely false, like what is going on in the Gemini thread, we all make sure they hear it, or the Moderators do.

AR

ya or the comment

just hearsay of course , wink wink ,

someone made about guardian doing it out of the goodness of his heart , lol lol lol lol , omg I am still laughing on that one , look at all the #### he pulled just last year alone , that we know is true , like the 5oomph helicopters he has , the 205 that dDECLARED an EMERGENCY in williams lake fire area conviently landed near the road , fuel was trucked in and he ferried it off to kelowna , while everyone else got grounded till the supposed contaminated fuel was looked into and put to rest as safe , we all know that the 205 had instrument problems , or atleast those of us that worked with /along beside it and listened to the staff pilots and engineers venting ,