Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

College Of Professional Pilots

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew, just got in from mopping up the huge friggin' mess of grease that lazy-assed AME let fling outta the swashplate. I wish to meet just once an engineer who understood that when they pump the new grease in they gotta clean up the old grease that squirts out the other end. :) :) BR, I look forward to some serious trash-talking with you in person!

Anyone: Who in Ottawa do we write our letters to? Let's quit beaching and get to it!!

Cheers,

Dick

Guest Bullet Remington
Phew, just got in from mopping up the huge friggin' mess of grease that lazy-assed AME let fling outta the swashplate. I wish to meet just once an engineer who understood that when they pump the new grease in they gotta clean up the old grease that squirts out the other end. :) :) BR, I look forward to some serious trash-talking with you in person!

Anyone: Who in Ottawa do we write our letters to? Let's quit beaching and get to it!!

Cheers,

Dick

See!! there ya go. Can't please you guys! IF the mech hadn't greased the head, you'd be bitching about the squeaking noise for a while, then'you'd be bitching about the head NOT turning!! Can't please you guys!!! Crikey!! me!me!me !! Comon fer keerists sake!! :lol::lol::lol:

Dick , I don't know if you're being serious or facious (sp). Either way I wouldn't mind tipping a few and telling ya how much better looking I Am then you! Whatever Ii say in print, I say in person ! I have the plastic septum to prove it!!! If you're calling me out, that's find too. Other then bugging the crap outa drivers, the four other things I really enjoy are 1) fixing aircraft 2) drinking beer 3) fornicating and 4) fighting. Pick one, I'm good with either :lol::P:D

I'll make a few calls and do some digging and see if i can find out who to bring this issue ti , in Ottawa. I'll post what I find out so pele can decide what they wish to do.

BR: I'll break the aircraft (that's my job, after all), you can fix it (that being your job), then we'll fight, then drink beer and tell lies about fornicating. But only if all that doesn't bust your duty day!

Thanks for offering to get us a name, and some kind of address if you can! Being a dumb, resourceless pilot I really don't have the slightest idea where to begin... Oh yeah, it's a friggin' AME issue anyways! The person's name is probably in some gawd awful big book that only a wrench would know how to decipher.

Cheers,

Dick

The Pacific AME association is the only one that actually posts their membership list. Surpise-surprise!! All Companys!! Not ONE individual!! http://www.pamea.com/members/members.html Now, you tell me how an association that is composed ENTIRELY of employers can possibly have the interests of the average AME at heart

The PAMEA list that was linked was the Corporate members list.

There is an individual member list as well. They just don't provide it to the general public.

I know because I am a member, and i know of a few dozen members personally.

that their arse sucks wind

I dunno, mine was blowing pretty good the other day. Had to change a gasket.

Crappy aircraft rates = crappy wages, benefits, rotations, no pensions,,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH

Too many flyby night operators bringing down the whole show. None of these problems will go away until that changes.

Someone said something about a plumber getting paid more than a 25 yr engineer,, I seen an add for a plumber @ 41.00$\hr. Thats because the company sending him\her out is charging double that rate. Don't know were I was going with this but,, there it is

Put that in your pipe and smoke it?

You've touched on the core problem with the Helicopter industry.

Oversupply.

Seems like everyone who has a pilot's license felt they were more qualified to run a helicopter company than the people who had been doing it for years.

Over the last 10 or 15 years, many small operators popped up. Many operators chasing after a finite customer base.

This is the prime reason the rates went down or at best, stagnated, as everyone chased after the same customer base.

And because operators had to drop rates to 'take' work away from the next guy, people had to do more with less.

This is where we're at now.

Guest Bullet Remington

Ok, i did some digging through Transposrt web site, ehere's what i found:

From my musings, it appears that the STANDARDS BRANCH is the area that is the prime place to address for duty time. Here's what it states on the definition / responsibilities of this branch;

The STANDARDS Branch includes responsibleity for the development and revision of standrads related to operational airworthiness, safety management systems, aircraft certification, air operator certification and flight operations, aerodrome and air navigation. aviation occupational health and safety and general aviation.

It also includes enforcement, safety promotion and education for the aviation industry.

The DIRECTOR , STANDARDS is Don Sherritt. He can be reached at: Don.Sherritt@tc.ga.ca

Some other notable contacts"

Director General of Civil Aviation - Martin J. Eley; Martin.Eley@tc.gc.ca

Regional Director , Pacific Region - David Nowzek - David.Nowzek@tc.gc.ca

Regional Director, Prairie & Northern Region - Kate Fletcher- Kate.Fletcher@tc.gc.ca

Acting Regional Director, Ontario Region- Joseph Swalek - Joseph.Swalek@tc.gc.ca

Regional Director, Quebec Region- Diane Desmarais - diane.demarais@tc.gc.ca

Regional Director, Atlantic Region - Arthur Allen- arthur.allen@tc.gc.ca

Transport Safety Board (TSB) are also responsible for making recommendation to Transport as well. Having stated that and looking at the tSB's recommendations to TCCA over the past 10 years, I note that the MAJORITY of TSB's recommendations have yet to be acted upon. A truck load is still under study. Kinda makes me wonder how long it is necessary to study issues before positive changes are legislated. Translation: I believe it would be a waste of time to bring the duty times up with the TSbn, whether they agre with the require to limit the duty times of engineers or not, is inconsequential. They have no teeth to force change!

So have at her. Let me know if any of you actually hear bacl fromanybody at TCA. IF they are anything like my MP, you should get a response stating that your message was deleted without being read/opened!! Gawd, I miss Myron Thompson!! :rolleyes::lol:;)

That's outstanding BR. Thanks!

After work today I'll post a letter here that others can copy, making it pretty darned easy to get this going. I'll also post the letter and TC contact info over on the other forum.

Cheers,

Dick