Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Shootout At The Ok Fortune Mine

I have always been in awe at the spins we find in the small print of our industry.

First, I read bkstabr (hate your name by the way) and am in awe of the blanket of rules spread out.

Then, just looking and Skidz turn it inside out and Pilot 5 'rams' it home.....

• Like 9

James put it very well. The mind is a fragile organ not completely understood. This can happen in any profession and has nothing to do with p5's negative hobby horses and hurt feelings. Give the poor guy some privacy and compassion now, cause it could be any one of us looking dumb for a thousand different reasons on any given day. Hopefully he has a personal support network that get help him get through this. nuff said

• Like 7

Its about time we all did a better job of looking after people. I challenge all co-workers and supervisors (including myself) to change our fundamental viewpoint that asking for time or help when the HUMAN FACTORS are stacking up is a sign of WEAKNESS when actually it is a sign of STRENGTH.

• Like 7

It is a real shame for a fellow to have a break down and I hope he recovers from it. I don't believe his career is over as I have seen people go through similar things (not quite so dramatic and high profile but similar nevertheless) and make full recoveries. I once cleaned off a desk of everything on it with a meter stick (wielding it like a samurai sword - in front of many witnesses unfortunately) due to an uncontrollable mental conflagration... The company made me take time off and sent me on a fishing trip which was pretty **** nice I thought! Anyway I hope the pilot can put it fully behind him and the underlying factors become more manageable.

On another note, I would like to see breathalyzers installed on some people's computers that would require a breath sample before they are allowed to post... you know who you are...

HV

• Like 14

On another note, I would like to see breathalyzers installed on some people's computers that would require a breath sample before they are allowed to post... you know who you are...

HV

What? Did I say something again? I better check my posts .......

• Like 1

A few years ago I experienced a situation that resulted in me acting...less than professional. Part of the management team still harbours a grudge and still makes my professional life **** if he can and resulted in a black mark that is still present. I think the management team a the company in question is doing a fine job of supporting the crew member. We have a hard job and so do the families that are at home while we do what we love. Understanding and support is the difference maker in these situation. Be safe out there. R

• Like 3