Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Flight Crews & Guns

Rosco

Does anyone still "pack" in their kit?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohhh, I'm aware of that alright 407 Driver. My *** was saved on two occasions you know where, when it even got reported to the local "rag" which prompted a call to Base from you know where. How was my *** saved?........the local RCMP S/Sgt in charge of town Detachment and I were out searching for stolen ski-doos and tracking their trail. An equally large and as detailed an article was in the next issue of the "rag" retracting the original article and apologizing. Now if I wouldn't have had that person onboard, had proof otherwise and nobody would have believed me, wouldn't that have been great PR for the Base and company?.....and I doubt if the fact I might have been a vegetarian would have generated a retraction or prevented the "cancer of the mouth" that would have ensued.

(Note to self: Another off-limit JB debate: Media.  'Cause we're not all bad, Mr. Radioactive...)

Didn't realise you were part of the wonderfull world of media! Who better to understand what I was talking about, right?

Anyways, what kind of debater person are ya anyways?? You don't want to touch any subjects that are close to you! I would've thought those would be the ones you'd want to tackle/defend etc. (Not on this thread obviously)

Anyways, back to the original topic: guns in A/C B)

...what kind of debater person are ya anyways?? You don't want to touch any subjects that are close to you!

Not that kind of a journalist; not everyone's vicious nor hungry enough for that line of work. Sorry to disappoint you, RadioJB. Besides, my life's an open book enough on here already; don't want you to have any more ammunition than I'm willing to give. Nice to see you have a sense of humor, though! :)

BACK TO GUNS ON A/C

BACK TO GUNS ON A/C

If you want a pocket "piece" to defend yourself in the wild, and I mean in remote areas or in dangerous streets...

Walther P 99 9 mm x 19 (.40) with a confortable 15 shots (click on the picture to see the diferent models)

Or

The Five-seveN® Pistols, 5.7 x 28 mm 5.7 with a very confortable 20 rounds... (Have to click on "Small Arms" then on "hand guns" and then choose "Five-seveN"

Or

Beretta 92 / 96 series with 10 rounds (need to click on the 92/96 series. The second 92FS is just a beauty...)

If you want something smaller and more discreet

Walther PPK or PPK/s 9 mm or 7.65 with 7 or 8 shots.

If "they" can also shoot at you... and you want then to think twice before they do...

These guys did not learn yet that each page should have a different URL to avoid this kind of "pointing" :down:

(You have to click first on "small arms" and then select "assault rifles" and then choose "F2000") Lightweight, fast, ergonomical and very resistant to shock and mistreatment :D

The F2000™ Integrated weapon system 5.56 x 45 mm / 40mm LV

:wacko:

remind me not to PO Baldeagle again. It appears he's done research into killing weapons.

No I did not make any particular research. My life in aviation started by being drafted and conscripted to the Air Force of a Nato country. After a good training on Harvards T6's I was sent to to an advanced helicopter course military style. After that dispatched to a place where the Soviet Union and China had different groups fighting the West (remember the cold war ?). I made a three year "tour of duty" and everything I lived after that is a gift from somebody... Later a flew civilian in a similar place for another two years. So I had to learn a few extra things to be able to post in this Forum :blink:

I had to study the capabilities and shortcomings of all weapons in the "theatre" from Russian and Chinese anti aircraft guns to the SAM 7 and Strella missiles... Just to know what to do in each particular "situation" so to speak and a question of survival... Got hit many times...

That's why the happiest day of my life was Christmans day of 1991... I will never forgive those ********...

We couldn't go absolutely anywhere without a "pocket piece" and an assault rifle to go with... Even so, Christmas night 1972 I woke up at 2 AM with 80 mm mortar shells falling on the garden of my house and around it... (I wasn't the target but I was living near the Governor's Palace and HE was the target. They missed and I got them all around)

One couldn't simply afford to leave home without it if we wanted to be sure to be able to return :shock: