Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fast Tracking Skilled Labour Foreign Hires.

I sure wouldn't recommend that as a Canadian pilot. It's a small industry. I don't think it is that foreigners have "bigger Balls" just less to lose in a foreign country. If there fake log books don't pan out they can go home and lie about how many hours they got in Canada.just remember there are a lot of companies that check references. Im guessing the companies that hire all the TFWs don't.

. I respect the coment Big D but remember, operator just don't give a F@@ck ... And put it to ur personal note book, " company never check references" ... They just whant there machines to go at it what ever hapens.. Sadly, an accident is often represented as a good pay day for them! Oups!! I over talk again! There is about 2 or 3 very good company in here doing it right. Thats all !

Heli Rico you must have worked for some sketchy companies. (As have I) My last and current employer did check references. To my utter surprise he still hired me. Some people like guys who tell it like it is even if its not what they want to hear. Can't wait to retire myself. I will miss the flying but that is about it.

• Like 1

I was in a position not too long ago where I was told by a Cie that hey were hiring TFW's instead of experienced Canadian Pilots.

Of course I did find a job later on, but the point I want to make here is this; the compagny I am currently working for may start looking for TFW's if NOBODY else here in Canada applies to our ad in the job section or others ads we have on any other sites.

Wake up guys stop complainig and apply because you will loose your turn. But be advised I AM LOOKING FOR valuable references, real ones, beer buddies won`t do for references.

CP

Heli-Inter.

chefpilote@heli-inter.com

I'm sure if you give a guy the 407 or 205 endorsement you would have plenty of response. The problem is companies are to cheap and are looking for the cheap solution. I can understand the economics but its hurting canadian guys moving up.

• Like 3

I was in a position not too long ago where I was told by a Cie that hey were hiring TFW's instead of experienced Canadian Pilots.

Of course I did find a job later on, but the point I want to make here is this; the compagny I am currently working for may start looking for TFW's if NOBODY else here in Canada applies to our ad in the job section or others ads we have on any other sites.

Wake up guys stop complainig and apply because you will loose your turn. But be advised I AM LOOKING FOR valuable references, real ones, beer buddies won`t do for references.

CP

Heli-Inter.

chefpilote@heli-inter.com

So you want a 2000 hour pilot with 205, AS350, 407, mountain course, longline, fire, and power line construction. I probably have 70% of what you are asking for. I am not presently looking for a job, but very few guys have all you are asking for. I doubt very many TFW's even could fill all the qualifications you are looking for. It seems this industry is at a crossroads, a lot of experienced pilots are retiring, leaving or don't meet all those requirements. There are two options; upgrade the less experienced pilots or upgrade TFW's.

• Like 2

I wonder if something like this would work; or, better yet, be one of the first order of business for an association:

Perhaps an association could lobby the ESDC to set up industry specific application data bases that would receive cc'd applications as clear evidence of a Canadian applicant applying for a job, be it fast food, hotel maid, helicopter pilot, or CEO of Suncor. Whatever. The applicant would address the resume/cover letter thusly:

To: resumes@besthelicoptersintheworld.com

CC: aviation@servicecanada.gc.ca

Or:

To: jobs@1/2hourlineupforcoffee.com

CC: fast.food@esdc.gc.ca

OR:

To: pilot_position@wingsun.TFWlovers

CC: transportation@integrity.esdc.gc.ca

In either case, the applicant has both proven to the government that he/she has applied for the job, AND the employer can clearly see that there is a record of that application, and it had better be considered (assuming that the applicant holds the qualifications for the position). In addition, the process would be completely voluntary on the part of the applicant, and would be available as an option only if that applicant wanted a record on file with the government.

I suppose there would be privacy considerations to take into factor, such as references not necessarily wanting their names and contact info contained in a data base without their consent. References could be withheld until requested by the employer though. I also suppose that the applicant had better be free of EI claims as well, or they had better at least match the employment gaps on the resume.

Sorry, no point in rambling about he complications of such a program. But at least it could be a means of providing the government with clear proof that you applied, and a heads up to the employer that there is such proof.

Thoughts....?

Just thought I'd refresh this idea as a method of documenting when you apply. From a few pages back.

So you want a 2000 hour pilot with 205, AS350, 407, mountain course, longline, fire, and power line construction. I probably have 70% of what you are asking for. I am not presently looking for a job, but very few guys have all you are asking for. I doubt very many TFW's even could fill all the qualifications you are looking for. It seems this industry is at a crossroads, a lot of experienced pilots are retiring, leaving or don't meet all those requirements. There are two options; upgrade the less experienced pilots or upgrade TFW's.

Went and reread my post and ok it can be confusing but what we are looking for are B205 pilots, B407 pilots and Astar pilots.

If somebody has all 3 on his license then it`s ok with me, if you have one of the 3 types it`s ok as well. 2000 hrs is the minimum yes, but if you have 1528.5 hrs TT it`s still ok to apply. Mountain course is a plus. etc

We are upgrading our own people no worries, but you need to be working for us to start with.

What happened to the sense of adventures, when I was looking for work, I sent resumes and called Companies that were not even looking for pilots and didn`t care if I didn`t have the ABC 232 ++ model A single on my license.

We will not offer miracles money wise or work wise but if a guy does a good, honest job well he might end up full time with the company. Heli-Inter has a new complete experienced overhead team running it.

Crosstube