Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Job's Job's Job's

I'd suggest that the if the operator is going to invest his funds in some employee, that HE also investiagte and screen said employee to see if his background says anything at all about him doing such a thing. IF said operator is going to hire someone off the street and immediately give him training and a course, involving a large amount of money, then "a fool and his money are soon parted". Sorry sir, but it's a "two-way street" and they both take their chances unless they do their "due diligence". It is in effect, a business arrangement and unless each business does it's own "due diligence" then one business can't blame the other if either of them get shafted.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, jetbox, and that is what I did with an operator not a million miles from Niagara even though they promised me one salary and reduced it when I got there, plus several other little tricks that I will disclose in a PM (nothing to do with maintenance I might add). I did the research as well, and I even knew someone who worked there (and I still remember our conversation RDM!) Perhaps we should do what the natives do and get everything in writing first. However, on their part, they lost a steady pilot who would have stayed for a few years instead of a few months.

Some of these guys just don't get it.

Phil

Paying that kind of money, they'll get hordes of applicants. At today's exchange rate that works out to $231,650.30 CDN/per year........and that's not even a full calendar year. Now if I was 20yrs younger, I might have to have a long think about that. About as much danger as Air America was and a lot better money.

Well said CAP. It is a two way street, and if an operator is going to grab the first warm body off the street then they are just as much to blame for thier loss. a good screening process can save you alot of money. Having said that I am sure there are individuals out there who abuse the system and take what they can get. Maybe a good reference check can clear the air there. My 2 cents.

I don't think the BK117 or 105 is the fastest or smallest twin either! I would be more entited to fly a 109 or better yet a MD500. Hey there is actually a job for the 500, wow, going back to it's grass roots as a LOH (with passengers) As for the salary...wow! But is it really worth it?

The operative phrase is "semi non-permissive" and unless one understands EXACTLY what that phrase means, then their imagination does-them-in. Technically, the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are also "semi non-permissive" enviroments also and there are tons of Canucks and Yanks flying in those areas also.

One would have to get many more details before anything could be made of this position......otherwise one is allowing CBC and Associated Press to tell you what the working conditions and enviroment is like ALL OVER Iraq, I have two nephews in the USMC in Iraq right now and they are telling me the additional stories that DON"T make the evening news........and neither of them has been even shot at since arriving 1 year ago and they are both "front-line". Half their time has been spent building or helping to repair things like schools, small hospitals, etc. The policing and security of Baghdad will be completely turned over to the 40th and 41st Divisions of the Iraqi Army by about Christmas because they have performed exceedingly well in many operations so far. Apparently, they are much better at "sniffing-out" potential trouble-makers for recruitment and work better with the locals because they can "smell" problems and get "whispered-to" more often than the American troops ever did. To stop intimidation of their families, ALL members of those Divions wear something covering their faces to prevent any occurence of that. Even so, they have lost about a 100 out of every 1000 for that very reason........the personnel were afraid of the potential intimidation of their familes and not themselves.

So that position would require a bit more investigation yet. For me.......I'm too old I bet and besides I like to have the odd drink......no good for me or 407 Driver then. :lol: