Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Gentle Push = Greased Lightening

Saw 200 knots once from St. John's to Hibernia @ 9000', (85 knots on the tail) trying to get on top (for fun)..........strange all the weird noises you hear when your up high. :shock: :shock:

...then on the other hand, on approach to runway 16 in Torbay, 120 kias makin 15 good over the ground.... Gander ATC.."ah......you guys gotta a problem" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

overheard this one the other day here in St. John's and thought it was hiliarious,

a aircraft in front of us has just completed a approach to mins

TWR: any comments on that approach

Clown: Well since you asked ,I would have to say, it was very very well flown. :up: :up:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well this not a helicopter story, and I wasn't flying, but I was in the back seat of a J-3 Cub once,,,,,,fighting a brisk headwind, and as we chugged our way along this ridge line, I glanced over to my left to see a small group of cows walking faster than us flying. A J-3 feels like you are a childs kite on a string, definitely flying, but not going anywhere fast....