Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Alcohol

The guys from Midwest had a great time in Pickle lake with Ray as base manager.Still remember the time Ray and Ricky C went on a drill job for 5 days and decided to stop drinking and smoking until they got back to Pickle. I just happened to hit town the night they got back. Oh what a night is all I can say. Ricky couldn't move off the couch the next day until supper and then it was back to bed. Meanwhile both Ray and I had to go to work that day. We had a few for him at the Pickle Hotel that night but I seem to remember it was a short night. Lots of good times for sure....25 yrs ago at least! I think they took DZE on that drill move.

dze-201.jpg

20 minutes ago, DGP said:

The guys from Midwest had a great time in Pickle lake with Ray as base manager.Still remember the time Ray and Ricky C went on a drill job for 5 days and decided to stop drinking and smoking until they got back to Pickle. I just happened to hit town the night they got back. Oh what a night is all I can say. Ricky couldn't move off the couch the next day until supper and then it was back to bed. Meanwhile both Ray and I had to go to work that day. We had a few for him at the Pickle Hotel that night but I seem to remember it was a short night. Lots of good times for sure....25 yrs ago at least! I think they took DZE on that drill move.

dze-201.jpg

Was it you guys that burned down the Pickle Lake Hotel and The Winston?🤨

• 2 weeks later...

Well, can't say I wasn't pickled in pickle lake with forestry or drillers leading the the way. But what are the ramifications of breaking the 12 hour rules? Which on a full 14 hour day, leaves zero time to have a drink with dinner? Prison? License suspension? Fines? Just curious as a retired guy, and feeling sorry for everyone but engineers. No duty day drinkers, lol

5 minutes ago, bs205 said:

Well, can't say I wasn't pickled in pickle lake with forestry or drillers leading the the way. But what are the ramifications of breaking the 12 hour rules? Which on a full 14 hour day, leaves zero time to have a drink with dinner? Prison? License suspension? Fines? Just curious as a retired guy, and feeling sorry for everyone but engineers. No duty day drinkers, lol

Liability, that’s the new thingy.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:59 PM, hybrid said:

Was it you guys that burned down the Pickle Lake Hotel and The Winston?🤨

The last time I was in Pickle Lake (1974) the company I was working for were banned for life at the Winston.

• Haha 1