Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Legends of Our "Thing"

I found a stack of old Okanagan newsletters in a filing cabinet... absolutely incredible to read them.. and the picturesI I got my first job in aviation in 1989 and reading these things makes me feel like a baby... I cannot tip my hat enough to the pioneers who actually managed to fly aircraft with climb rates of less than 500 FPM in the mountains! And then teach others how to do the same... amazing...

Anyway, here are a few pics... there are hundreds but I limited it to people I actually know... Terry Dixon with hair is priceless!

HV

Collection_of_Pics_from_RotorTales.pdf OK Dec 81.pdf

• Thanks 3

17 hours ago, GrayHorizons said:

As long as it isn't a yearbook photo like Justin Trudope recently released

It won’t be long and Halloween will be abolished. God knows if you dress up you may upset some ethnic race. Hope the no one ever finds out when I was a kid I played cowboys and Indians. Some days I was a cowboy shooting Indians. Other days I was an Indian shooting at cowboys. 

1 hour ago, just looking said:

It won’t be long and Halloween will be abolished. God knows if you dress up you may upset some ethnic race. Hope the no one ever finds out when I was a kid I played cowboys and Indians. Some days I was a cowboy shooting Indians. Other days I was an Indian shooting at cowboys. 

Most people don't care. It's just that a man who virtue signals that all people are racist if they don't vote liberal got caught out. I personally am loving watching him squirm. I guess he didn't get the memo that blackface hasn't been acceptably since the 70s. But then again this is a man who thinks the rules only apply to us little people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, shakey said:

Most people don't care. It's just that a man who virtue signals that all people are racist if they don't vote liberal got caught out. I personally am loving watching him squirm. I guess he didn't get the memo that blackface hasn't been acceptably since the 70s. But then again this is a man who thinks the rules only apply to us little people.

The beauty is his love of having his picture taken has caught up to him

I think I was a better cowboy than an "indian". But we cant even use that term anymore either. 

I'm the type of person who believes in evolving. we all do it in one way or another. Life is about making mistakes and correcting them. it's who we correct them for that becomes a problem.

People make  careers out of being hurt by someone or something all the time, we dont need to apologize to every butt hurt person out there. They need to grow as people as well.

My thoughts on Trudeau, I agree with the hypocrisy he exudes, the virtue signalling is nauseating. On top of that he's a terrible prime minister. The Liberals stand a better chance without him at the helm. Unfortunately you can still see how he controls his liberal politicians, they all spew forth the worst *** kissing in the media after this story broke that makes me want to vomit.

Voting in Canada can be compared to our industry because, no matter who you work (vote) for, no one is perfect.