Jump to content

Setting yourself up as a company

Recommended Posts

Depending on your province you need an HST Number and Registered Business License.  HST number from Service Canada and license number from your provincial business service bureau.  You can register as an incorporation or limited company for liability reasons or go sole proprietorship if you’re just working for yourself under the umbrella of an AOC/AMO.  An accountant is a good resource for any contracting to help you amortize your assets, file your quarterly return etc.  Hope this helps.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you get QuickBooks and do quarterly remittance to said tax man (payroll,GST/HST and 5% of billables to corporate taxes) you’ll pay next to nothing at the end of the year. Payroll will likely be monthly at first. 

Have a good bookkeeper set up QBO and show you how to use it and you’re fine. I got my last years taxes submitted and it cost me just under 800. I did all the work, and it saved me tons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...